The other day I received a product to review in the mail. It requires six batteries. Now, I realize the product is free, but batteries are expensive and we never seem to have any “extra” on hand. We have a few sets of rechargeable’s but they’re busy in remotes, handheld games, wireless mice and other devices. We’re not that family that has a drawful of batteries at our disposal. Eventually I’ll remember to go to the store for some batteries.
Every now and then we’ll have visitors who shall remain nameless *cough*my sister in law’s family *cough* and whatever game or toy they bring over or choose to play with inevitably has no batteries. We end up emptying remotes and Leapsters for the rechargeables and half the time they end up taking them home. My relative who will remain nameless *cough*brother in law*cough* always comments about how we never have batteries in the house. Well excuse me, but it’s not up to me to make sure your radio controlled dinosaur is working properly.
If you have a battery operated toy and you’re bringing it to another person’s house, do make sure the batteries are fresh or you have a spare set. If you don’t have backup, don’t get all annoyed at me because I don’t want to provide you and your toy with my expensive batteries. It’s bad enough I can’t change my television or brush my teeth without batteries, but for others to expect me to make sure their toys have a fresh set is just lame.
I am not cheap because I don’t have a drawer full of spare batteries and I am not cheap because I don’t want to fill your toys with MY batteries. I am cheap because I don’t have my own batteries, not because I don’t have a set for you.
That is all.

Image by ronnieb via Morgue File.
Share This
</img>

</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>