help with China dishes..Victorian Johnson bros. England?

Carlita

Apr 26, 2008
I bought some dishes today and I beleive they are fairly old by the pattern but cannot find them anywhere on line...
On the back it says Victorian Johnson Bros. England.. they are cream coloured with a gold border.. THEy have have big blue flowers and smaller yellow and red ones... If anyone can help me date these or find some let me know...
After looking through replacements I have found a copy of my pattern but the name they have seems to be wrong..they say its silverdale johnson bros but its victorian...

Johnson Bros, Victorian

There will probably be two letters on the back of the dishes also, there are a lot of Victorian patterns and the letters seem to distinguish them, I have two sets one with the letters B Y and the other with the letters D V, I think mine are earlier than 1960, possibly the 50's or earlier, not sure, both sets were purchased by my great grandfather. I'm putting them on eBay (Australia).

I have a two handled bowl, no lid with pink rose buds. It says
Royal Johnson Bros, England. There are two oblong raised parts that
I cannot read although one looks like a number 260048. It also
has a gold "H". I do not know what it was meant to be as it
surely is too big for a sugar bowl. I would like to know the pattern
and approximate age. It looks very old and the gold is pretty
well gone. It also says semi-porcelain on the back.

I have a very old Johnson Bros. England set of dishes with the name Victorian
the plates are cream colored with a bouquet of flowers in teh middle and gold lattice work on the rim. Around the flowers is a colord ring of about 1 inch... some of the plates have a green ring, some dark maroon, and some deep blue.

Does anyone know anything about these?

Back