What hitter is most likely to break Roger Maris's single season home run record?

Dracula

Jul 3, 2008
Bonds, Mcgwire & Sosa have all hit over 61 homeruns on the juice but what player has the potential to hit 62 homeruns with out the juice?
Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, Alfonso Soriano, Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez???
any others?

Ryan Howard, Mark Reynolds and Adrian Gonzalez if he leaves Petco for some team like the Yankees or Reds each have a good shot to break that record. Pujols is a great hitter, but he will never surpass 55 HRs to me in a year. Soriano and ARod are on the decline. Fielder's great but he's a 50 HR guy at best as well.

The Prince but what about that monster Heward in Atlanta all the hype is surreal. If he can do batting practice games he's a shoe-in.

I think Howard will have the best chance. Pujols is more line-drive hitter. Normally you need to hit some bloopers that get out of the park to get that many home runs.

I say Ryan Howard. He's plays in a great hitter's park, and he's got great power. look at his homerun highlights. half the time i think it's going to be a shallow pop-up that goes for a homerun. If he can ever figure out how to hit in the months of april and may, he'll be up there easily.

I would say Howard and Pujols have a chance. Fielder will die on the field of a major heart attack, Soriano is overrated, and A-Rod has already confessed to being juiced.

Definitely Ryan Howard. That guy's a monster, plus the tiny park he plays in prolly adds 10-15 homers per year that would be long fly outs elsewhere.

Ryan Howard is the only potential 61+ homer guy in the majors. Pujols can probably do it too, but he'd rather have a .330 Average with 40 home runs than a .250 Average with 60 home runs

Albert pujols
he is the best player in baseball right now plus he is only 28 years old

Back