I just found out from @davebost via twitter that the displays at SXSW are running Internet Explorer. Dave works for Microsoft and is attending SXSW in Austin this week.
Should we be surprised? Does everyone expect that an event like SXSW is a default Firefox user? Safari? Does it really matter? What do you think?
I’m actually happy using both Firefox and IE7. I haven’t tried the latest beta 3 of Firefox, but IE8 beta is out now too. Still deciding if it’s time to download both of those.
Anyone got experience with either browsers you’d like to share?
I’m on my way there now, sitting in the St. Louis airport at Gate C2 right now though. Most irritating is the fact that there’s no free wi-fi at the airport. Free wi-fi at airports should be a given, but I’m sure the companies making money from charging for it by the day wouldn’t be too happy with their revenue stream ceasing to exist.
I’ve got about another hour before I’ll be on the airplane heading to Austin. Hoping I can crank out a few blog posts I’ve been working on now that I’ve got a power connection.
Stay tuned for more posts from me this week from SXSW. I’m still a bit overwhelmed by everything that will be going on and trying to plan and schedule my calendar a bit. We’ll let you know!
Technorati Tags: SXSW, Dave Bost, twitter, STL, Lambert Airport, American Airlines, Internet Explorer 7, Microsoft
Share This

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>