Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How would you come out as a lesbian to your sports team?

Okay so i've know most of the people on my sports team for a long time and i've seen a lot of them naked... Not like perverted just like we dress and stuff in front of each other. I don't find any of them attractive, like there pretty and all i just see them as sisters ya know? and I don't want them to think i'm a perv and to be uncomfortable. So how would should i tell them without them getting the wrong idea. None of them are gay.

These teammates are also my best friends at school so there going to find out when i come out at school i just want to come out in a way that would make things less awkward between us.

Junior Member AmdmemmmmPmmmm¢mmime's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just don't tell them you're a lesbian. I play basketball sometimes and my teammates love me, but my sexual orientation does not win games, nor is it any of their business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you don't have to tell anyone anything; it's none of their business anyway. But if you want to tell them, then that's your choice to make. Only you know what the best thing for you to do is.

Never be afraid to be who you are, there never has been nor will there ever be, another you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to be just as tolerant and understanding of their feelings, as you would want others to be of yours.

There's no reason to tell a bunch of girls with whom you play a sport, and with whom you take showers, that you're a lesbian. It will make the post-practice and post-game showers very uncomfortable for them -- and that doesn't make them bigots or homophobes. So don't judge them for it.

This "gay pride" stuff needs to be kept on the shelf sometimes. If I were you, I wouldn't tell anyone who doesn't need to know. Your teammates don't need to know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't tell them. Unless they know you are lesbian. That's your business. If you do, they will get the idea your checking them out no matter what. Prejudice will never end. They will be uncomfortable to even speak with you because of that. They will get the idea that people around you guys will say you and her are both lesbian, just because she hangs out with you knowing that you are . I know this complicates everything (thus my belief)