NBA Obsessed takes you into the hit and run game of NBA Basketball.
Tracy McGrady hopes to lead Rockets to the NBA playoffs in Yao Ming’s absence

T-Mac rolls.
The Rockets fire!
How can this be?
Houston Rockets 106 New Orleans Hornets 96
This was a victory without Yao Ming over a top flight team. A contender. Although there may be some caveats to discuss on this game.
The big issue has been the lack of victories over teams that were any good, with or without Yao.
The recent victory over the Dallas Mavericks does not count, because of the absence of Dirk Nowitzki. Sorry, my rules.
Tracy McGrady could not be happier.
With two wins in three meetings with the Hornets this season, the Rockets have the third-best record in the conference. Only the Los Angeles Lakers and Spurs are ahead of Houston and that was motivating McGrady more than the winning streak before the game.
“The third spot,” said McGrady. “Once I heard that this morning, I was like, ‘OK. Let’s get it done.” source
Will the Rockets fail to fire?

We have to be a little careful here. The doubters are everywhere. Even in this game there were some missing components for the Hornets.
Both teams were short-handed on the front line.
David West, the Hornets’ second-leading scorer and rebounder, missed his third straight game with a sprained left ankle. Rookie Carl Landry, a key reserve during the Rockets’ winning streak, sat out with a bruised knee. source
Geez, what do the Rockets have to do?
For most analysts, that would involve a couple of hard fought victories over some contenders. Why Houston is held to this high standard remains a mystery to T-Mac and Coach Rick Adelman.
“Now, the mental challenge is there are no letdowns as we continue on,” coach Rick Adelman said. “We’ve got to stay on the same level.”
The Rockets are enjoying the win streak, but the playoffs are the goal.
NBA Basketball Fan Question Will the Houston Rockets make the playoffs?

As always, any NBA Basketball related comments are welcome.
More blogs about basketball.

Tags: basketball, carl-landry, Chris Paul, coach, david-west, Houston Rockets, nba, New Orleans Hornets, playoffs, rick-adelman, Tracy McGrady, Yao MingShare This
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>