Have you ever been sitting in a room of your house and all of a sudden, it hits you that it needs to be changed? That happened to me today, so my husband and I spent a few minutes rearranging our living room.
You see, we live in a pretty small house for a family of 5. We also both work out of our home, which we love, but space is definitely an issue for us. My husband has an office set up in the back of the house, but he doesn’t use it much because, well, it’s in the back of the house away from everyone. He goes back there when he needs to make phone calls.
My office is in the living room, which is where both of us usually work from. Yes, even with 3 kids and a dog running around. Our house is NEVER boring. The living room arrangement has been bothering me for awhile but I could never figure out what would work best, until today.
(Here’s a picture of my desk. It comes from Target and works well in a living area.)
My whole family approves of the new arrangement and so far, it seems to be working. If a room just doesn’t feel right to you, play around with it a bit. Move the furniture, think of some unconventional storage ideas and change it until it works and feels just right!
Never be afraid to change things up a bit. Oh, and I was going to take a picture of my new living room, but I have three kids home with the flu, so it’s a tad bit messy right now. I’ll post one later.
Photo Source: TargetÂ*
Tags: home-organizing-tips, rearranging furniture, setting up a roomShare This
</img>

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img>