I’ve been cleaning out my bookmarks - I seriously have hundreds of Offbeat items that I’ve found, or that people have sent me. That’s cool and all, but I think it’s been slowing my blogging down here at Offbeat, because I can never find what I want.
So, I sat down today, and two hours later, I had nice clean bookmarks. Next task, blogroll upkeep, which believe me sounds scary. I’ve got some neat new bloggers and architects to add though, so it must be done.
Whoa, long story short, I found this while cleaning up my bookmarks, and you know, I have a sinking suspicion that someone sent me this structure. I usually mark items with names, but I didn’t this time, so if it was you (you know who you are) who sent me this I sincerely apologize in advance for not linking to you.
This is an ultra cool structure though. A tall building, on the heels of another tallish building, the now pronounced “fake” Best. Mansion. Ever.
This is the Freitag Flagship Store - from Spillmann Echsle Architects. I’ve never seen containers stacked like this, so this is a nice treat. I also think that this is the ideal store or club design. Very inviting; you know you want to go inside, good use of materials, great colors, and just plain hip.

I just love it. You know, sometimes I wonder how people can find such beauty in such unlikely materials and pieces. It’s cool we live in a world of people who manage; that makes me happy.
Need more?:
[Via Danda - home to many slick design ideas that you have to see.]
Tags: container building, container structure, Danda, Flagship Store, Freitag Flagship Store, Spillmann Echsle Architects, tall buildingShare This

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>