Happy Sunday, Thrifty friends. Here are a few links for your browsing pleasure:
First: contests, freebies and giveaways:
Here are some interesting things to read:
  • Marye at Baking Delights added a new page to her blog - one that’s going to get a lot of use from this baker. It’s a page of substitutions. I’m always mid-cake before I find out I’m out of something, so this is exactly what I need! Thanks, Marye!
  • Students at Rice University are building a solar house thanks to a $100,000 grant. At Unplugged Living.
  • Heather at Baking Delights posted a recipe for a chocolate carrot cake that has my stomach grumbling. I think I know next weekend’s family dessert. Now I’m not sure if this is a thrifty link or not, but it looks incredible.
  • Jennifer at De-Clutter it has some interesting recycling receptacles to check out. I remember years ago having a discussion regarding recycling and one of the reasons giving for not wanting to recycle is that it makes the home look cluttered and unattractive. This should help.
  • Foodie Obsessed has a look at some great American wines for under $15.
  • Consumer Reports tells us how to go 30 years without a credit card.
  • Which is more thoughtful, cash or gifts? At the Consumerist.
  • A JC Penney coupon that’s good for…well….nothing. At Consumerist.
  • Every get annoyed because you can’t speak to a real live person when calling certain businesses? The Consumerist has 50 tips for navigating a phone system.
  • At Cookerati, Diana offers up a simple comfort food recipe, Easy Chicken and Noodles.
  • Green recipes for St. Patrick’s Day at the All Holiday Cafe.
  • Cooking Gadgets is featuring a look at oven guards - something someone like me can really use.
  • The Frugal Dutchess offers 7 tips for those facing a tax audit.
  • Students in NJ are being punished after using pennies to pay for school lunches. At Madconomist.

If you’re feeling ambitious, please visit some of my other blogs:

Image of piggy bank by mconnors via Morgue File.
Share This

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>