Why do people star questions but not answer?

Jan 8, 2008
Well I think some star to get the question violated, and only that reason.
Have you noticed a few stars then question removed?
rick ~ why?

ive done it because i think its a very good question but someone has already said what i was going to say so no point in repeating it

Hiya !Stormy

I sometimes star a question I can't answer so my contacts can have a look. My contacts include a few women for example, who can help with questions I, as a man, cannot

I've only done that a couple of times, mostly for jokes just to show I liked it but don't really have an answer. I think sometimes people do it to show their contacts, for whatever reason.

You might be right about starring it to report it. Maybe they have to sign out of one account and open another to report with, so they star it first. Who knows how some people's minds work?

maybe they don't know the answer and are interested in hearing other peoples take on the subject?

(thats why i do it!)

Hi Storm.

I star very few. Mostly as a bookmark so I can find them easily for later reference. If I want to do that, it means I find it interesting. Sometimes I have nothing to add to what has already been said.

Sometimes I'll star a question because I think it's a really good/interesting one, but won't bother answering it because :

a. I'm knackered or can't be bothered or...
b. Someone's already said what I would have said or...
c. I think my contacts should see it.

Have a star cos I don't remember anyone asking this before ;)

Edit - Suki has a good point, and Rick - sometimes you don't know the answer but want to know.

Stars have nothing to do with violations---they are so the reader can signify that the Q is interesting.

If the Q is removed as a violation, its because at least one REL:IABLE member clicked the "report it" button.

Back