Has anyone felt suspicious of eHarmony being a scam?

doctobe12

Sep 2, 2008
I was thinking of trying eHarmony because I have heard from friends that know people who have married from it. I'm still pretty skeptical, so I did some research and searched "eHarmony scams" on google. Apparently there have been many complaints from customers about eHarmony having unethical or even fraudulent business practices.

Supposedly most of the matches that they send you are of people who are not even active or real members. They make you think you are getting a lot of matches, but in reality you may only get one or two that are active. Customer service is horrible and if you try to cancel your account they can legally keep billing through an auto-renewal. I also saw a posting that some of the people in the commercials are actors claiming to be real couples.

This site is pretty expensive and I don't want to get into something my will waste my time and money. Has anyone had this experience?

I can't speak to whether any of the people I talked to on eHarmony were fakes, but I did meet my wife on the site.

I also canceled with them once, and started up at a later time, had no billing problems at all.

YMMV, but I liked their service alot!

It is a business, out to make money, not really caring for your well being. You are dealing with a computer program not getting individual assistance.

But you will meet a lot of people and you might get lucky and find your true love.Some do, many don't.

I had a friend that used it and they hooked her up a ex con and he casued a lot of trouble for her.

Khaos94, how can all dating sites be scams when a lot of people get into relationships through them and even met their husband/wive through such a site? Sounds like its worth a small fee to me.

Back