Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is a wireless DVD Blue Ray player better or as good as a regular player?

I am looking to get a Blue Ray DVD player to connect to my 52" Samsung HD TV. I also want to have the option of playing music with CD's. I understand the CD capability is only one at a time. I want to but 5 speakers for surround sound. Any suggestions of brands, price, store?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wireless doesn't matter much as far as which is better quality. The HD picture and sound signals are either passed to the TV via an HDMI cable, component video and right/left audio cables, a fiber optic cable, or through a wireless transmission in the case of the wireless device.

For speakers, I always tell people that they have to listen to different speakers to determine which ones they like best. What sounds good to me might not to you, and vice versa. But, I have found that the one speaker brand I know I will like without listening to them is Klipsch. If you go on eBay and do a search on Klipsch speaker systems, you can get a pretty good system of 4 satellites and a center channel, plus a 12-inch powered subwoofer for around $600 - $700 (new in the box, maybe with shipping included). This would be the Quintet system plus a SW-10 or SW-12 subwoofer (10-inch and 12-inch, respectively).

A good receiver would be a Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, or Pioneer, and you're looking in the $300-$350 price range (new in the box). I currently run the Quintets and an SW-12 with a Yamaha 5.1 receiver that puts out about 70 watts per channel. And, this system provides outstanding performance and sound. I got them all on eBay. The speakers were used, but in mint condition, and the receiver was factory refurbished. And, it cost about $650 total, including shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a wireless blu ray from Samsung for around $220. I already had a surround sound and I wanted to stream movies from Netflix. The wireless didn't work probably because of interference from other devices in the house, EX. cell phones, cordless phones, walls with metal studs. As soon as I hardwired it with an ethernet cable, it took about 3 mins. to set up Netflix.

The Samsung blu ray was the BD3600 and you can get it from Dell for $160.

Back to your question. If you have the money go with blu ray with surround sound. You can learn everything you want to at www.bestbuy.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    beeter