Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Samsung TV - Turning off the melody doesn't work?

Hi,

I recently bought a new TV (Samsung LE37B530) and it's amazing, but there is 1 thing bothering me..
    When you turn the TV on/off, you hear a melody. It's quite annoying when you turn the TV on at night. So when I go to Menu > Setup and turn the melody off, the TV shuts down without the tune. But when I turn it back on, the TV makes the tune again and the melody setup wasn't changed.

Anybody that knows how to put the melody off for good?

Thanks!

Unregistered
    I lived with the issue till i randomly figured it out two month later (today). Samsung CSR are no help not even tier II/III. So make sure you have the latest firmware. YOu can download and update the tv via samsung site. Your tv is probably stuck in store demo mode. If you hit the info button it will say store demo. If you go to setup > plug in play and run through the process make sure u choose home use. Change the melody settings and Viola!

Unregistered

samsung melody

you have to be in TV mode to change from Store Demo to Home Use in the plug & play menu.

Unregistered

Thanks!!!

I can't believe I've been in Store Demo mode for 2 years!!! I just recently decided I wanted to turn off the melody and couldn't figure it out until I saw this post. Thanks so much for the info!

Unregistered
    Thank you soo much! had this tv for 1 year but recently moved and have tenants downstairs and the melody started to make us conscious of them hearing it at night and annoying them! Never knew i was in store demo!

Unregistered
    Thank You! I have had mine for about 8 months and very close to putting it in the garage. Nice not hearing melody!!!!!

Unregistered
    To go from Demo Mode to Standard (or Home) Mode:

Turn on the TV.
    Press and hold the Menu and +Volume buttons on the TV.

Unregistered
    can't turn off the on/off chime. driving me nuts