Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how do you change your message tone on a samsung corby pro?

i dont know how to change my text message ring tone on my phone. Its relly annoying me..does any1 know how to??

john pramod

Gear

1. From the standby screen, press Menu (Figure 1).
    2. In the main Menu, press Settings (Figure 2).
    3. In the Settings menu, select Phone profiles and press (Figure 3).
    4. You will be presented with a list of phone profiles for different situations and environments. The one you're currently using will be ticked. Highlight the one you want to use (in our example, Normal) and press the Edit button at the bottom of the display (Figure 4).
    5. You are taken into the profile settings (Figure 5). At the top of the list you'll notice three tab icons - these represent (from left to right), ringtone, message alert, and keypad sounds. You can switch between settings for these by tapping one of the tabs.
    6. You should be taken first into the ringtone settings list. Should you want to change the Call alert type (from melody to vibration then melody, for instance) tap this option and scroll through the list of options to choose the one you want.
    7. To change the Voice call ringtone, tap this option on the screen. You will be taken into a list of phone file folders from which to choose your ringtone (Figure 6). You can tab across to view files stored on a memory card, if you have one installed.
    8. Press the Sounds option. You now have the choice of choosing from your Music files, Ringtones that are loaded onto the phone, or My voice clips (clips you have recorded) (Figure 7). You can select from whichever of these folders you want - the setting procedure is the same for each. In our example, we'll choose from our Music folder to select one of our tunes as the new ringtone.
    9. Press the Music option. A list of tracks appears (Figure 8). Tap the one you want in order to highlight it (Figure 9). Press Options, then tap on the Select menu option to install it as your ringtone (Figure 10).
    10. You are now taken back to the Normal profile settings, where the Voice call ringtone has changed (Figure 11). To save this change, press Options and then Save (Figure 12). Alternatively, press Back and you will be asked whether you want to Save?. Press Yes.

In the ringtone settings menu, you can also change the video call ringtone (which is lower down the menu) by following the same procedure.

Press Back to go back through the menus, or the Call End button to return to the main menu or standby page.

Changing the message alert tone

1. Follow the above procedure until you get to the profile settings you require (points 1 - 5) (in our example, Normal) (Figure 5).
    2. Instead of changing the ringtone settings, tap the message alert tab (in the top centre of the display). A set of message alert settings appears (Figure 13). You can change the Message alert type, if you want to, by tapping the panel and choosing the appropriate option.
    3. To change the Message alert tone, press the Message alert tone panel (Figure 14). In the menu that appears, press Change. Then choose one of the options Use effect tone (one of Samsung's pre-loaded effects) or Use my alert tone (allowing you to choose from your own sounds) (Figure 15). In this example, press Use my alert tone.
    4. Press the Sounds option (Figure 16). In a similar way as changing ringtones (above) you now have the choice of choosing from your Music files, Ringtones that are loaded onto the phone, or My voice clips (Figure 17). In our example, we'll again choose a file from our Music folder.
    5. Press the Music option. A list of suitable MP3 tracks appears (Figure 18). Tap the one you want in order to highlight it.
    6. Press Options, then tap on the Select menu option to install it as your message alert (Figure 19).
    7. You are now taken back to the Normal profile settings, where the Message alert tone has changed (Figure 20). To save this change, press Options and then Save (Figure 21). Alternatively, press Back and you will be asked whether you want to Save? Press Yes.

Unregistered
    thank u so much...

sam_mzone
    ThanKKKKSSSssss.........!

Unregistered

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolz =) View Post
    i dont know how to change my text message ring tone on my phone. Its relly annoying me..does any1 know how to??
    thanks