Should I buy a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and a Blue Ray player?

samm519

Mar 6, 2009
My mom and I have been discussing blue ray players and gaming systems lately. We already have a Wii, but now we are discussing getting a PS3 or a Xbox 360 and we really want a blue ray player. I know PS3 has a blue ray player, but I know I really like the Xbox. I have been trying to research it a little but the lingo is past my understanding. I really like to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band games and stuff like that. I've browsed the games for both, and both systems have about the same amount of games I would like. All my friends have Xbox and if I could figure it out I would love to play with them on Xbox live, but wouldn't care much if I couldn't. We love watching movies, and I know we would get a lot of use out of a blue ray player and we really want one. I just don't know if I would like a PS3, but I also heard Xbox can have alot of problems, so I'm stuck. I'm looking for someone that knows about both systems and could tell me what would fit me better. So my question is, should I just get an Xbox 360 and a blue ray player or just get a PS3? Oh and any suggestions on what exactly I should get, I've seen there are a few different kinds of each and don't really know what I need. I don't want to spend money on stuff I don't need or wont use. And does PS3 play PS2 games, because I have some left from before I gave away my PS2.

PS3 already has blue-Ray and great games to go with it and the XBox 360 has too many problems!
So....PS3

some of the ps3 play older games the higher end ones.

I would suggest getting what you'll be more into playing with your friends via xbox or a blue ray player.

xbox live is easy to use but not free its 50 every 13 months.
The Xbox has had problems i haven't. but have heard of them.

Ps3 Now that it's finally a decent price isn't a hard sell

for you i would say xbox because multiplayer with your friends can go further when you're bored playing rock band by yourself. and games go alot further with multiplayer

PS3. Can't go wrong with it!! Magic piece of machinery.

And no, you can't play PS2 games on PS3 :)

It depends if money is an issue or not. xbox 360 definitely has the superior online features, but ps3 has a blu-ray player. If it comes down to the two consoles, xbox 360 is better overall (in my opinion), but if you are really bent on having a blu-ray player, ps3 might be the way to go. So if your family is in a position where they can afford an xbox and a blu-ray player, go for that but if not (and you really want a blu-ray player) get the ps3. Also, alot of blu-ray players come with free surround sound so thats an added bonus. And yes, it does play ps2 games but if your tv is good enough to need a blu-ray player your ps2 games are gonna look like someone took a dump on your tv.

if you can get a 360 and a bluray go for it, but its a little more expensive then getting the ps3. It's true that the 360s break more often than ps3s. And ps3s cannot play ps2 games. So i mean i guess i would get the 360 and bluray if you can

okay both have extremely good graphics. it depends on what game you are talking about, mwf2 has better graphics on 360 than ps3(proof http://001c3e21.qvvo.com). but if you look at like metal gear solid 4, it looks freaken awesome but it is in a different character designs and artwork. The internet is both good the connecting just depends mostly on you, your internet. 360 you have to pay to play online for only on, ps3 is free and you can make tons of other PSN names to play online.do what i'm doing, get what most of your friends have, its more fun if you do that!!! enjoy your console with others and friends!!! then get the other one!!! It hard to get if you are not rich and all(me...) but i think its a good idea.

I think blue ray looks kinda weird. one of my friends have it and its just, i dont know its just weird looking and frames look kinda off... i guess its just me though...

GET A PS3!
its awesome.
There are many kinda of PS3 though.. like: the 180gb PS3, 60gb PS3.. and there's another one but I can remember whats its called.
I think the 60gb one is the one where you can play PS2 games.
But I have the 180gb PS3 and it works great with internet. (online)

X-Box sucks.

I have an xbox 360 and in my opinion it kicks ass because i think it has better games like Mass Effect, Halo, Gears of war, Dead rising, etc. plus people always say that xbox live is better, better quality multiplayer games for the 360, the money is worth it for the online if you love online. If the problem with the 360 breaking on you, not a problem it happened to me, i got the three rings of death but my console is one of older ones with 12GB, the newer 60GB and 120GB are more improved they are not as broken as the older ones. In my opininion if your looking for awesome quality games and online get the 360 Elite that comes with 2 free games, PURE and LEGO Batman. The PS3 is good if you want save money on the BLU RAY and online gaming, also only the older PS3s can play PS2 games, the slim PS3 can't play PS2 games.In opinion get a PS3 because well I already have a 360, in all seriousness if your looking to save some green get the PS3, but if your looking for some awesome quality gaming offline and online get the 360. What is more important to you watching movies on BLU RAY or playing quality gaming?

i have had both xbox360 and ps3 and in my opinion the ps3 is way better because 1 u can play online 4 free 2.the 360 has many problems and well those are the only problems i found

a lot of ppl are saying that you cant play ps2 games on ps3 that is true ... But if you had gotten the older one ( the one i have ) you could play ps2 games even playstation 1 games :p anyway id definatly go with the ps3 because it has better graphics and you seem to like movies ,,, and blue-ray is THE way to go.... i have a playstation 3 and if i could change my mind and get an xbox ... i wouldnt ... the controlers are also better with the playstation ,,, they are ligther and dont need batteries .. so the best choice is the playstaion 3 ... good luck

it comes down to what you want.

do you want the sweetest game downloading, blu-ray playing system on the market?

or do you want to play with whiny 13 year old boys over the internet?

Back