What kitchen gadgets do you use all the time?

Camille

Jun 4, 2008
I love my toaster over that is also a broiler, and convection oven.
My Microwave that is also a convection oven too.
I have a little mini chopper that really is handy and helps me do little prep work for meals that other wise would take longer.
I use my Crock pot for cooking so many things. I am so grateful to have it.

How about you?

My springy egg beater
A grapefruit knife (every day)
omelet pan
hot dog toaster (has holes for hot dogs and bun holes too. It toasts the hot dogs, and buns, they pop up when done)
knives and jelly boards
crock pot(s)
rotating covered pizza cooker
stand alone convection oven
waffle stix cooker
mini george rotiseree
outdoor barb que grill
mr. coffee
rice steamer

Can opener, first of all! But after that, I use my food processor a lot, and a bread machine that someone gave me much more than I thought I would.

My rice cooker and my Rocket Grill have made many a meal. I also love my electric griddle and crock pot. I have lots of other gadgets, and have gotten rid of a lot too, but these seem to stand the test of time!

Mexican citrus press
garlic press
potato masher, the squiggly kind
zester
micro grater
my best knife
my fine strainer
my good wooden spoon.

I think of those items as, "Small appliances" not gadgets.
From my kitchen "gadget" drawer, the one I seem to be picking up all the time is my mini ice cream scoop. I use it for making drop cookies, chicken and dumplings, hush puppies, meat balls, scoops of watermelon, dipping yolk back into deviled eggs, single pats of butter, truffles, dropping batter for mini cupcakes or muffins, measuring out and spacing batter for waffles, making silver dollar pancakes, spacing batter for marble cakes, ice cream balls in a sherbet dish.......
Yep, that little scooper is my best buddy.

I use my microwave to reheat things, but I'm really not a "gadget" cook. Give me a good knife and some decent pans and I'm good to go.

kettle is very important...it saves so much on time.
a sandwich maker is also great - you can be creative and put differnt types of fillings
a blender....in the morning when i'm off to work ...i throw in some fruits in the blemder along with some milk or yoghurt...its so healthy and quick...a blender can also be used to make amazing milkshakes, lemonades, sauces etc....

Honestly, my very favourite thing is my best knife!

I love so many of the little things I have gotten by Pampered Chef also. My mom bought me an assortment of handy items a few years ago and I am hooked:

liquid/solid/ measurer...
chopper
pizza stone (great for croissants, biscuits, cookies, etc)
garlic press

I don't really use too many electric appliances...

Back