How do i get the title to the truck i bought from private seller? he now wants...

jacki

May 26, 2008
...more money.? i bought a truck for my daughter for a x mas present. I put 1,000 down and made payments to the owner. he promised to bring the truck to my work, never showed, after many calls, he texted me and said he was out of town untill AFTER x mas and would return my $$ when he got back. I felt scammed at this point, he moved from old residence , but his ex gorlfriend told us where he lived. I brought all copies of my payments to him, he was paid in full 4,500 totall. he wouldnt answer the door, we called the police, they said it was a civil matter, we called a tow truck service , showed all our paperwork and towed the truck off.. few days later the police call me saying that they shouldnt of let us take the truck, the owner claims we owe more money. I have sent certified mail asking for title from this guy, he sent me a certified letter saying if we dont return the truck within 72 hours he will have us arressted since he still holds the title. I dont know what to do, I have bill of sale showing what the truck sold for, and all cancelled checks he has cashed. In one statement he says we owe him 1,500 MORE,, but doesnt want money he wants the truck back and says take him to court to get our money back.. I dont want to give the truck back since i KNOW i will never see a penny from this guy, he has no $$ as we have learned from his ex girl friend. What can i do quickly so we dont get into trouble with anyone but can protect ourselves with this truck and force him to give us title? PLEASE HELP me this was my daughters present that has turned into a nightmare

Back