Which Camera Should I Get? Help! Canon SD980 Touch, Canon SX200, or Samsung TL225?

ccast_lfhs05

Dec 30, 2009
I am going to Best Buy and Target to get a camera tomorrow. At first, I wanted the Canon SX200 because it has 12 megapixels, 12X zoom, and many many features; especially color accent and color swap, which to me, are MUSTS. The Sx200 has a score of 4.5 on www.canonDOTcom. The Canon SD980 Touch has a 3.8/5 on CanonDOTcom. It's a 12mp with a 5X zoom. I'm a little worried and the reviews on it all around have been crappy. I wanted to get this one because I work at Target and I can use my discount to get it. Nonetheless, people have complained about the picture quality and the fact that the screen cuts off on both sides of the widescreen LED when taking normal pictures. Lastly, although I hated my last Samsung Digital Camera, the new Touch Dual Screen TL220 and TL225 look very promising. CNET.com gave em both 4 stars out of 5 and gave those 2 canons 3.5/5. The TLs by Samsung Don't have color accent but do have MANY MANY amazing features. 4.6x zoom and pretty much has a nice touch flo like most samsung cell phones. Do any of you all have experience with any of these cameras? I need suggestions. Please give me pros and cons if you can. My last camera was an AMAZING Canon PowerShot SD880IS and it was stolen from me at a soccer game; although I lost it, I'm excited to get a new one.

Back