Quote Originally Posted by psychosomaticaddictinsane View Post
Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but I dunno where else to post it. I answered a classified ad recently...

AIRCRAFT/BOAT teflon service. $750-$950/wk. Jobs in 909/951 area. NOW HIRING (949) 555-1234 (number obviously changed by me)

I called the number, they said that this was an hourly position, and scheduled me for an interview. I drove to this so-called "interview", and it ended up being a scam to get me to spend $3000 to start my own "franchise" with them. When I asked about the hourly position, the guy started belittling me... and when I said that I'd rather spend the money on a degree, he called me "unambitious" and "foolish". He also swore quite a bit and made sexist jokes during the "interview".
Anyhow, does anyone know a good way to expose this fraud, like via a newspaper or something? It'd be nice to enact some karma on him for being so unscrupulous.

...Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to contact them to see how much of a scam they are, go to Tropic Shield.

I am another Victim
I did that SO CALLED INTERVIEW. I come from the 951 area. There were 6 guy's with us. And he pressured us on paying to join the company not much of the Hourly Position. Then I called back for progress of employment, the same guy who gave the presentation not a interview curse at me and said dont call here again. I knew it was a scam from the 5th sentence he spoke. The man is name DAVID. and thats all I can say. We wasted our drive and time.