I've been with my other half for 5 years. We generally have a great relationship. He has smoked since I met him , I am a non smoker. He has been deciding to cut down on the fags and basically has lost his personality along with it. I am really struggling with patience because I cannot ask him any question anymore or I just get a negative or snappy answer that ends in an argument. For example the other day I asked him "hows ur mum doing?" I have not seen her for a few weeks and just wondered. And he snapped "I dont know I dont live with her anymore ,go and visit her to see how she is!". I was stunned at his answer. Then theres the nice part of him - when he has a fag he is chilled, happy, cracking jokes and we get on brilliant. The minute he hasn't had his nicotine it is like an unleashed beast. His sex drive goes, his patience is non existent and he has NO energy he just wants to lie in his bed and feel sorry for himself. Whenever I have approached the subject about smoking and maybe trying patches rather than cold turkey I just get the "get lost I am doing it my own way stop trying to get me to do things im not gonna do". I am just fed up of the way he is treating me - how long will this cycle last? This has gone on for 2 weeks now since he decided to quit. I feel like just shoving a big cigar in his mouth lol.