Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I the only one that gets mad when..(mma question)?

when people where tapout and ufc stuff and they dont do mma? I am a huge practioner of mma/bjj/kickboxing and i get mad when people where that but they cant throw a punch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    depends. If they are true fans of MMA then it doesn't really bother me, but if they walk around thinking they are fighters because they have a tapout shirt on then yeah they are posers who should all feel the wrath of a real mma fighter.

I don't even wear tapout anymore because it's EVERYWHERE. Everybody and their grandmothers wear tap out, and I don't like seeing people with same clothes as me.

I wear MMA gear, but I also train full time, compete, and am trying to make it a career.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wearing tapout and ufc "stuff" doesn't signify that you fight, it signify's that you like UFC and MMA. What pisses me off is when people say they're fighters, when they go to a jiu jitsu class every now and then lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No why would i get mad. Its a brand of cloths. Its for style. Its just like wearing a NFL or NHL jersey. Same thing. If they act cocky and starting stuff then ya i will get pissed off, but not when their just wearing it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't "do" MMA and I don't get mad about what people wear but I do get sick of the MMA fanboys and garage trainees that talk like they know martial arts...they are the biggest joke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tapout wants everyone to buy it in order to make money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Um... it doesn't really bother me. It means they're a fan of the sport, and the money they're spending on those clothes ends up in the fighter's paychecks. I think it's a bit annoying when a newbie who doesn't train starts talking about things he doesn't know anything about, but wearing a shirt with a brand name on it doesn't mean he's going to be that guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    it used to be that those guys were the wanna be's. but now it seems the wannabes are the ones that call them wannabes....soon it will be the ones that call the wannabes that are calling the other wannabes wanna bees that are wannabes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just like i get mad when i see people wear NFL or NBA jerseys and they're not in the NBA or NFL. i think you need to get off the roid rage, dude. Be glad that people wear the paraphernalia and support the companies that sponsor the sport we love. The more they wear (not "where"), the more they help make it more mainstream and get the positive recognition it deserves. yes, i understand that seeing muscle headed douche bags wear the stuff can be aggravating, but it's also nice to know that i, being an mma practitioner, don't have to wear the shirt for a false sense of security.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't care. Also I think nwohioguy hit the nail on the head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast