Do u think UFC has become too Grapple oriented?

ZenShinobi1

Dec 20, 2009
Just curious how other UFC lovers think. I mean i used to like BJJ in matches back in the day, but now its like everyone wants to freakin grapple. I feel like i should be watching wwe nowadays cuz UFC is starting to become wrestling matches. I Know i for one fell in love with UFC becuz of the old school stand up and beat the crap out of the other guy fights. its not as entertaining now becuz its all grappling 90% of the time. The only reason i still watch is Lyoto Machida. i mean yeah he can grapple, but he does most of his work standing up and kicking ass. Your opinions? And this Isn't hating on BJJ so don't cry.

i don't like fights that are either just a kickboxing match or just all ground game. a good fight will have a nice combination of both, with both fighters fighting for control

Hardly. Have you even watched any of the recent shows? The majority of matches these days look more like kickboxing than wrestling. They definitely do not grapple anywhere near 90% of the time. Nowadays you see knockouts all the time, including plenty of knockouts from kicks, which NEVER happened in the old days of the sport.

You want to go back to the boring old days of Ken Shamrock lying on top of Royce Gracie for a full 30 minutes doing nothing? You are crazy. And you pick Machida as an interesting fighter!?! He has the most boring style I've ever seen!

You should watch boxing.

I mean I actually really was just thinking about this lately.

Chuck Liddell was so entertaining cuzz he loved to stand up and bang.

yeah man more ground game and more takedowns soo idk!

I just like an interesting fight that has both standing and grappling, but too much grappling sucks and is just a waste of time.

Well it all depends on who you watch right, I mean if someone has a good stand up, the other person is gonna wanna take him down cuz he knows hes gonna lose if they stand up. It's all about strategy and what the other persons weaknesses are

Well it all depends on who you watch right, I mean if someone has a good stand up, the other person is gonna wanna take him down cuz he knows hes gonna lose if they stand up. It's all about strategy and what the other persons weaknesses are

Back