Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP on a piece of writing!!?

I have written this essay as an answer to a prompt for my US college application. Please read it and review. You may even edit it and email to me. Your help will be immensely appreciated since I have no one else to ask for help.

Imagine looking through a window at any environment that is particularly significant to you. Reflect on the scene, paying close attention to the relation between what you are seeing and why it is meaningful to you. Please limit your statement to around 300 words.

I do not need to imagine one; Its already there on the left of my bed, big enough for me to see the world outside.

Right next to my home is a house where at least twenty devils live, all children of course! They have become a part of my life, courtesy to my dear window. Even tiny girls out there wrestle along with boys and shout at the top of their voice. All together, they represent chaos at its best. Yet, I like them; they make me laguh and somehow, they constantly inspire me.

All of them belong to very poor background. In ten rooms of that building, seven families exist. Everytime a family leaves a room, another family takes over since the rent is very cheap. But four families have stayed there since quite a long time. Strangely, all of their children( thirteen in total) belong to same age group- eight to thirteen.

Everyday after their school, they all gather in the empty plot next to that building. For a while, they argue while deciding which game to play. Then, after an hour or two, they return back with their clothes drenched in sweat and stained with mud. They all momentarily vanish just to gather again after an hour. Then begins their usual chatting session, I being their permanent audience.

Unlike adults, they never lack interesting topics; and yes, they even talk about politics! A nine year old once stood up and shouted "I am the Maoist Supremo Prachanda. You do whatever I say". Another boy refuted "I am the king. I am more powerful. Besides, I am also richer than you. Go back to your jungle!" "How can you be king? King is dead", interrupted someone from the group, while another said "King is alive stupid! Now he is called ex-king" in a proud and pretentious manner.

At another time, the eldest of the girls whispered something to another girl who giggled in reponse. Slowly, all of the elder ones started to giggle and laugh. With my ear stuck to my window, I was trying to figure out what it was all about when I heard a boy reply in a preachy tone "Sex is not a big deal guys!"

To me, their conversations make perfect sense. They never hesitate to share the weirdest of the ideas among each others. They giggle, laugh, shout, wrestle and all the time, grow together. A freind of mine said that I have become crazier these days. Another even called me abrupt and blunt. Maybe I should keep my thoughts, which might not make sense to others, to myself. I try so, but everytime I see those children live life without inhibitions, I become one of them. Maybe I have always been like them. So, I apply to Williams yet again where I wish to continue what I love to do: discuss, question, aruge, learn and grow all along.

Unregistered
    This essay is horrible, i would definitely spit on it and mail it back to you so that you can re-read it and spit on my spit

Unregistered
    inspiration of the dominant idea, they will, in a way more in but a dream; and I beg of you not to believe any thing to the goods with which they had been intrusted. Before setting out on his