John Mackey, the CEO of Whole Foods, was recently caught trash-talking competitor Wild Oats on various Internet forums under the name Rahodeb, an anagram of his wife's name. Not so long ago, critic Lee Siegel posed as an anonymous commenter beneath his own essays and brought himself to shame. And now we have our own story of greed, deception, regret and Pinkberry with our commenter named Dave Craig. Soon after the Mackey story broke, we got an email from Craig asking that we remove all his comments. What an odd request, we thought. Then we thought a little more. And Googled.
Craig's most recent comment, on a post about Kurt Eichenwald, somewhat confusingly read, "Pinkberry lives up to the hype and it's almost as good as the Canadian version called Yogen Fruz." Ok, weird. But maybe he just loves Canada and frozen yogurt. His other comments however bely an obsession bordering on employment.
Fifth Pinkberry! Near Columbia! 03/06/07
BY DAVECRAIG AT 09:29 AM
Pinkberry seems to be taking over new york. Their frozen yogurt is pretty good but we've tasted even better frozen yogurt in toronto at a place called yogen fruz, and they've been doing it like, forever.
Yogen what now?
"Pinkberry People" To Look Into Flavor Swirling! 02/20/07
BY DAVECRAIG AT 10:00 AM
Arguing about frozen yogurt is so new york. Have you tasted froyo in asia? I believe the store's called Yogen Fruz. You wont believe it till u try it. Cool and nice. Lot's of flavor to choose from too.

BY DAVECRAIG AT 09:50 AM
Up in Canada, Yogen Fruz has been rockin' frozen yogurt for like, two decades, and you get all the flavors your tastebuds can enjoy.
Two decades!
Pinkberry "Will Never Conquer Tasti-D," Claims Lady 02/20/07
BY DAVECRAIG AT 09:54 AM
I hear that froyo was invented in Toronto, not LA by these dudes called Yogen Fruz, and people tell me that this Yogen Fruz chain is the real deal
Not much for subtlety, the Canadians. You may be shocked to learn that Craig is the director of business development for Yogen Fruz. Will these horrible vicious yogurt wars never end???

</img>

More...