Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, companies exist to make money, and when we don't need any more stuff, they will convince us that we do because the latest is better through advertising so that they can continue to fill their role

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't you think all the new technologies coming up for personal gadgets are of

little use ? Either it is Laptop or watches ( I have 5 of them not in use ), IPOD , Cell Phones , Video recorder have reached a stage where new features are either irrelevant to you or too expensive ? I may agree some technologies for Refrigerator may be good from pollution point of view but functionality may not change, I think. You may have even more Hi Definition TV but who needs it ? It will be manufacturers who would need to push products than we requiring it. What do you say ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, companies exist to make money, and when we don't need any more stuff, they will convince us that we do because the latest is better through advertising so that they can continue to fill their role

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah, actually. it's actually for the enjoyment of the user. it's like 'oh, i've this gadget that does this at a push of a button' but you rarely use it anywy.

but it gives the manufacturer (certain innovative people in the industry) to think of something, to innovate, to actually giving a new edge to technology so it will lead to something more useful like for example the taken-for-granted portable dry cells that we use today, are actually an aerospace technology back when neil armstrong set his foot on the moon.

but it is true that the new techs are most probably because the crazy-about-money guys back at boardroom come up so that we'll buy new things and make them rich.

so, be sure on what you really need and use before you buy something.