Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

telus sim cards in unlocked phones?

hi there i was wondering if because telus now has sim cards on their newly launched network. does that me you can use any unlocked phone that has a sim card slot on it on telus or do the phones still have to be from telus to get a plan on telus? thanks.

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The new network is HSPA. It uses a sim card but is NOT gsm. The compatibility list of phones/devices is slowly being established as people are experimenting with phones from other carriers. The HSPA devices that TELUS sells are guaranteed to work on the new network (obviously). If you have a particular phone in mind then call TELUS and they may, and I stress may, be able to tell you if it is compatible or not.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky View Post
    hi there i was wondering if because telus now has sim cards on their newly launched network. does that me you can use any unlocked phone that has a sim card slot on it on telus or do the phones still have to be from telus to get a plan on telus? thanks.
    Whats your mobile brand and model ? If your phone is unlocked from carrier lcok, you can use Telus sim card with it . I have unlocked phone . BTW, i used unlock code to unlock my phone from carrier lock . I have bought code from the provider TheUnlockSpot.com to unlock it .