Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which truck should I choose of the 1500 size/F150?

I am 6'7" and looking to buy a new truck that is fairly cheap but also performs well. I have looked around but have not been able to find a good site to compare the Chevy, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Toyota trucks. Does anyone have any recommendations of what to get or not to get and why? Anything from the taller folk out there as to head/leg/body room? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband is tall (6'4") -- tho' not nearly as tall as you. He has always been comfortable in a Ford F-150 or -250, which we have had in the past. Now we have a Chevy 2500, which he finds comfortable, as well. Our son had a Ford Ranger, but it didn't have enough head room for Hubby.

I am a foot shorter, and found the Ford trucks more comfortable to drive. It is like the Chevy has lowered the seat to make more head room for you taller folks. Even with the seat in the closest position to the steering wheel, I feel I need to sit on a phone book when driving the Chevy.

You need to test drive some trucks. Sit in them, take them out for a drive, see what is the most comfortable for you. Comfort is very important in enjoying your truck.

You are 6'7"? Do folks ask you all the time, "How's the weather up there?" Tall is cool! I've always preferred tall men!