Samsung Corby touchscreen problem [techie ppl help please]?

6DoorsDown

Dec 6, 2009
Okay, I sent my phone to the service center. But I'd like to ask a few of you who've had the same problem as mine. Since the customer service here isn't really good, I'd like to have some info on people who have experienced this:

I was on the phone making a call, then after putting it down, the touchscreen stopped responding. I tried restarting and all, it didn't fix it.

The next day, I turned it on and it started responding to touch BUT, it was acting funny. It wouldn't pull up the correct menu after pressing. Also, the widgets wouldn;'t drag. So in short, it went crazy. It went auto dialing and clicking and beeping as if it had it's own life. o__o

So this is my question, has any of you experienced this? And to the techie people, do you think the phone's problem is in the touchscreen itself? Or is it the software?

**I called Samsung and they said it's prolly the software because touchscreen problems don't usually go like that. But I don't trust the phone operator who answered my call.

Yes!

This just happened to me last night! I answered a phone call, and after that my touch screen wouldn't work. All the other functions are fine, and the other buttons work perfectly, just the touch screen won't work. I left my battery out all night, and it's currently charging, so I don't know what the outcome is yet, but while it was charging, my alarm went off, and it didn't drag to turn it off. So far the screen is not working at all. What was the outcome on your phone?
Thanks in advance

same issue

hi friends,

i have the same issue , as you described, touch screen error . the samsung service technician told there is a problem in mobile software..i think i made a wrong bet buying this e-waste...
any solution..would be a help,

thanks in advance

same like me

i have same problem too it went auto dialing, i can't enter message, internet, files, game, voice record and dictionary but sometime its back to normal just for several times.
i always get angry when the problem came.

samsung touch screen problem

dude u wont believe
i was just sitting in my room minding my own buisness and then i saw my phones lights on..and then i went to check it out. and then i saw my phone was going through my contacts itself i was like "F***"
.. it scared the crap out of me heheh..
i think its the touch screen cause i have been using this phone for a while now..

samsung star problem

same problem wih my samsung star i was in a call and then it didnt respond. p[lease tel me how much it would cost mree .ad whether it will b corrected or not. please help my dad wont buy another expensive phone.

Shall I buy or not? that is the Question.

Guys I'm planning to buy a samsung phone, but first decided to check on the web about some issue about the phone specially the samsung corby, then I bumped into this forum, would you guys recommend me to buy a samsung phone?:3_3_21[1]:

I won't recommd Samsung Corby at all
I bought it in last november and this is the second time I gave to service center,
I bought the phone in Nov, after a month some horizontal lines started appearing on the touch screen, gave to theService center and they say its a bug in touch, so fixed the bug.
Now after 6 months, again there is some junk problem, a small place in touch is not working, especially the place where 0 and # digits are there, its screwed up everything as i can't make any calls, just gave to service center and they say the touch has some issues and they'll replace it.
So my advice frnds, don't go for samsung corby.

my corby restarts abnormally... what could be the problem??????? and sometimes it just turns off and i cannot turn it on right away..... I experience the same thing when it comes to calls and touch pad hanging....

help....

:( I am not satisfied with Corby and its performance.
After few month problem with software and application started for my mobile.
I bought my phone last year on April and now after a year touch panel stopped working, software is too slow to work and somtimes my phone stuck while calling someone or receiving a call. The only option remains is to remove battery and restart the phone.

From my point of view i would recommend not to go with Samsung Corby and check the other option in market.:crazy eyes:

my corby has a prolem

guys please help me with my mobile problem.
the signal icon of corby II is doesn't apear instead the Network Searching are appear

Back