Bought an unlocked iPhone, but it's not detecting SIM card.?

MissNine

Dec 5, 2009
My sister bought an 1G iPhone 8 GB off of eBay. I am guessing it was unlocked or jailbroken. It was a gift for my mom, and she was the one who used it first. She had plugged it into her laptop and it was working fine at first, but she did something and now it does not recognize the SIM card as a valid SIM card. Our carrier is T-Mobile. I've used two different T-Mobile SIM cards with this phone and when I plug it into iTunes it keeps telling me I need to use a valid SIM card.

I am guessing that someone did something wrong when it was first plugged in, but I have no idea as to what that could be. Right now, all I want to do is unlock it or at least have it detect the SIM card as a valid one, and I'd really rather not pay money to have it done.
Okay, I just got the eBay listing from my sister and the phone was unlocked and jailbroken. So, if someone buys an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone off of ebay, what are they supposed to do with it once they actually get it? We must have done something wrong when connecting it to the computer...I just don't know what it is and I don't know how to fix it.

The iPhone which you have bought might have been unlocked using any temporary method. And your sister would have updated the iPhone's iOS while connecting to the laptop. Usually an iPhone relocks to its previous network after an update if the unlock method is a temporary one. To avoid this hassle on your future updates. You need to unlock your iPhone using any permanent unlocking method.
For example, You can visit ClassicUnlocking.Com to get the remote unlocking service for your iPhone. This method of unlocking is safe, simple, affordable, quick and permanent. It doesn't require a jailbreak too. Good luck.

Back