Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member "Alicegottomeeee"'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

(cooking and recipes) Help..please..ASAP...(11pts up for grabs..the

sooner the better)? So, i'll be making "Ethiopian Honey Yeast Bread" in about 8 hours. The recipe calls for 5 Tbsp butter. And i don't wanna use so much. So can i replace it with sunflower oil? How much oil would I need?
    (The bread will be eaten tomorrow morning, it's like this party where everyone would bring something homemade. I've to make the bread. So, no,can't rush to the store and get it, in case someone was thinking of saying that.)

Hmm, may be sub the butter partially? 4 T butter goes into the dough. The rest is for glazing. So, can i sub 2 T butter with oil? If yes, how much oil? 1 T ? 1.5 T ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    With yeast bread, butter isn't as much of a critical element. It is there for flavor though. I'm pretty confident you can replace the butter with oil, but I'd only use a quarter cup of oil since butter does have some liquid in there that isn't fat and sunflower oil isn't a mild type of oil like canola or corn.
    Good luck to you. I'm sure it will be great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a flavor element that the butter brings to the recipe . You might try 3 tbsp butter 2 tbsp sunflower oil
    there is still the same amount of fat. Sunflower oil has it's own flavor elements which may alter the finished recipe.
    Using a more flavor neutral oil ( canola ) would not alter the taste as much. Butter is not the evil fat as it is made out to be... Used in moderation. I would just use the butter not margarine or spread " in the recipe and use less butter later. Spreads like Promise have a high % of water in them and will throw the recipe off.