Hello
I hope somebody will help me ,I want to complain the poor service of the online representative . My english not good ,When I order by phone ,the first representative has no patience to help me fill my information , the worse is I can hear she laugh and speak with others in a low voice when I talk to her .Then I receive the first email confirmation of you and find the billing add ,shipping add and my name all wrong .

I call you back , to change the information and by the way to exchange one item's size . But the phone is hang up when I was talking . Then I receive the second email for order update. I have to say my god one of the price of one dress .99 change to ,857.14,the order total is ,916.94. and the billing and shipping add are still no correct.

I feel so disappoint with this purchase online, it's the first time I buy A&F by phone ,I usually buy in store. Actually the order is the gift for Christmas , I should feel so happy with the purchase but I don't .I love A$F ,but so disappoint with the A&F 's customer services online . I want to complain the service ,How can I complain ? Do you know the phone of A&F for complain ?Thank you very much