Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unregistered
    I just got the same stomach pain yesterday, i at first assumed it was due to hunger, but after i ate something light, the pain still didnt go away. Although the next day when i woke up i had no pain, until i went out for a run. everytime i would inhale/exhale the pain would feel like someone was stabbing me additionally, when i eat i feel even more pain. i tried to make myself relax and massage the area, but unfortunately found no relief. Someone MUST find an expert to answer the questions we are all having about these horribly annoying pains.

Unregistered
    I am 17 and I am having the same problems. I have been to my doctor, the ER and i am going to a GI doctor soon. I have also had a CT scan, blood drawn, x-rays and urine samples and everything came back normal. It hurts a few hours after I eat and pretty much just comes out of no where. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Unregistered
    Just had these symptoms to the extreme! Out of no where had severe pain in diaphragm that went around my left side to my back. I have never experienced such intense pain (labor wasn't even close). Went to the hospital where it took lots of medicine to get pain under control, along with blood pressure which was caused from the pain. They ran tests and didn't really find anything. There was a hematoma on my spleen, which they said could have been a clot but it would resolve itself. The other thought was that I may have passed a gall stone but they are not for sure. It should be noted that 3 days before this hit I was running a temp of 101-104 that lasted less than 24 hours. I just hope this never happens again.

Unregistered

Devil Diaphram Pain

My daughter is experiencing these same sypmptons. She has had these symptoms for quite some time. She has asthma, which may be causing it, but she has never experienced it like this before. She has colitis, which may be causing it, but she has never experienced it like this before. She poops 6 to 8 times a day and has been noticing her Allegra is not being digested - says it's like throwing it in the toliet from the bottle, even though she swallowed it! She gets more intense stomach pain when exercising and has tried medications for that too. Nothing has worked and as her mother, I am frustrated as all of the past posts are. I am going to forge on and hope for some answers soon. Thanks to all who have tried to find a cure!

Unregistered
    I've had the same problem & found it was gastroparesis after getting an endoscopy. Basically your stomach muscles don't contract & food is not digested causing bloating and pain in the diaphragm. I had shortness of breath, nausea, and lots of bloating. You should get checked for gastroparesis. It's nothing serious but can cause lots of horrible symptoms!

Unregistered
    It's probably anxiety pain. I've had generalized anxiety disorder for 6 years. The pain comes and goes randomly throughout the year, but everyone is different. Repetitive activity like chewing gum or listening to certain songs (you have to test a bunch) will help ease it. A regular sleeping pattern will help ease it. I know many things that can ease it but I have not found a cure and I refuse to take medicine. I guess I just have to live with it forever.

Unregistered
    Hi All,
    I have just recoverd from one of these mysterious pains you speak of... This is the 3rd one that I have had, the first being in February. I am a 23 year old female with a "spare tire" on my tummy, but otherwise very healthy.

The first time the pain happened, it was 2am and I thought that I just needed to go to the bathroom really bad. After doing so, the pain was still there and very severe. I drank some water and laid in bed fora bit, but that did not help at all. I was very pale in my face and felt quite faint. I got my roommate to take me to emerg. I was assessed by the nurse (blood pressure and heartrate were normal) and given 2 motrin and 2 tylenol along with mayloxx and a numbing agent. After 15 minutes, the pain went away, and I only felt tired after. Colour came back in my face and I no longer felt dizzy.

As for the second and third times, they happened in the evenings about 2 or 3 hours after supper. With this most recent attack, I had hot/cold sweats going on. I was given extra tylenol and motrin tablets by the nurse from the first time, so I took one of each. After about 15 minutes, the pain was gone again.

I have no idea what is causing this, but it seems that taking 1 motrin (ibuprofen 400mg) and 1 tylenol (acetaminophen 500mg) works to get rid of the pain. As soon as I feel the pain coming on, I take these and they go away. I was told by the nurse to pick up maloxx in liquid form, but I could not find any in any of the the stores that I visited in my home community. I am going to go and see my doctor as soon as possible to try and figure this out.... can indigestion or other digestive problems simply be resolved with pain killers?? Hmm.

K.

Unregistered
    i dont know if its the same problem , but i am in my mid-late teens. and i was walking up the stairs. and i got this sharp pain just under my chest /in my diaphragm, iv rifted and its got it away but its coming back so small..and it is unbeleivably sore ..i told my mom and she said it may be cramp . but i know cramp and it is not that, iv been worried since then..and i need to know if its serious or just a little bit of trapped wind.

Unregistered

SHEER AGONY...

I had an attack of this last night. Simply the WORST pain imaginable: I laid there with fever then chills, groaning like a dying animal with every breath until I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion. I vomited 6 or 7 times, until my stomach was completely emptied....I suffer this horror several times a year now, and when I do, I'm a total invalid until it passes. I can take gas pain in my lower stomach - but when it stretches that diaphragm....

Unregistered
    the idea that the canadian health system is better because you don't have to pay when you walk out of the doctors office is a seriously flawed mentality, and a dangerous one at that.

1. the system is incredibly short on doctors, so as one has already mentioned, it can take months to see a doctor
    2. you damn right you pay for it, in heavy taxation. so the young healthy working class that doesn't use the system pays for it, while the older unhealthy non-working class reaps the benefits.

gov run health systems are a bad idea. if it were such a good idea, then we should not only have gov health insurance, but also gov home insurance, car insurance, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast