Is it true that Tree Shews, evolved into the Great Apes, which evolved into Homo

~Elizabeth~

Dec 4, 2009
Habilis? .
Note -- If you contest Evolution -- That is fine -- but please do not reply to a this Post -- It obviously does not apply to you.

MQ -- I am mostly concerned with the "Theory" of Evolution, where --

-- the "proposal" that primitive Tree Shrews (the same "superorder-Euarchonta" as Apes!!) --

-- branched into the same Apes, that are "believed" to have evolved, into Homo Habilis > Homo Ergaster > Homo Erectus?

Has anyone ever heard of this ?

I came across this about 10-15 yrs ago -- but, now I am having trouble finding this particular "Theory"

Thank you for any effort, in answering :)
Thank you for your Response.

I need an Anthropologist.

Every "theory" in Evolutionary Studies, are not that easliy found :)

Go to the Library.

Unless your library is run by raving fundie loons who refuse to stock science books you should be able to read up on evolution. If you cant get to the library try Wikipedia?

Or a google search using primate evolution as search parameters!

"If you contest Evolution -- That is fine -- but please do not reply to a this Post" -

Well hmmm that's "is fine" if evolutionists would be considerate enough to do the same - but they don't as they go charging into religion and spirituality saying hateful things to Christians including "fundies" as bigots hatefully call them and some of these bigots won't let someone even have a serious theology question get asked with harrassment from hateful people that has nothing to do with atheism. Ahhh but then people accuse the Christians of being hateful if a Christian replies or says anything back - well whatever.

Well I can honestly say I've had an answerer on one my questions say that "racism is normal because it's an evolutionary trait" -

Well with that being the case, I guess I'd rather be less evolved and NOT be a racist because racism sucks!

"If you contest Evolution -- That is fine -- but please do not reply to a this Post" -

Well hmmm that's "is fine" if evolutionists would be considerate enough to do the same - but they don't as they go charging into religion and spirituality saying hateful things to Christians including "fundies" as bigots hatefully call them and some of these bigots won't let someone even have a serious theology question get asked with harrassment from hateful people that has nothing to do with atheism. Ahhh but then people accuse the Christians of being hateful if a Christian replies or says anything back - well whatever.

Well I can honestly say I've had an answerer on one my questions say that "racism is normal because it's an evolutionary trait" -

Well with that being the case, I guess I'd rather be less evolved and NOT be a racist because racism sucks!

Tree shrews are commonly thought to be the immediate ancestors of all primates. Some even classified them as primates. Genetic evidence would suggest that they should be considered as not primates since they are more distantly related than flying lemurs. There is much time between the evolution of the first primates and the apes. Apes didn't evolve until about 20 million years ago. We would have a common ancestor with tree shrews about 65 million years ago. This is what is commonly believed to be the human lineage. I don't think anyone ever suggested that treeshrews were closer than other prosimians and certainly not old or new world monkeys to humans.

Homo erectus 1.5 to 0.5 mya (million years ago)
Homo ergastor 2 mya
Homo habilis/rudolfensis 2.5 mya.
Australopithicus Africanus 3 to 2.5 mya
Australopithicus Afarensis/Anamensis 4- 3 mya
Ardipithecus ramidus 4.5 mya
Orrorin tugenensis 6 mya
Sahelanthropus tchadensis 7 mya
Dryopithecus 12 - 9 mya
proconsul 12 - 20 mya
earlier primates similar to modern monkeys 20 - 35 mya
earlier primate similar to lemurs 35 to 50 mya
first primates 60 mya