ok, so i have the iPhone 3gs 3.1.2 jail-broken (finally, i'll explain later.) after i finally got my jailbreak to work, anytime i need to reboot, or if i shut the phone off, when it comes back on, it goes into recovery mode (with the iTunes icon and the USB), not DFU mode. after messing with the phone forever i just happen to do the right thing, and it will return to the regular os, till i reboot or shut down again.

to come back to the "finally," i jail-broke and restored my phone probably 7 times before i ever saw a glimpse of my home screen. i thought i was doing something wrong even though i have done this numerous times with other iphones and my own previous iphone. this was my first 3gs, so i thought maybe that had something to do with it. anyway, long story short, i WAS doing it right each time, i just didn't know it. the phone, like it is now, would always boot up into recovery mode so i never knew it had ever been done

any suggestions? and don't say restore because i've done that several times already. best answer goes to the one with a legit explanation, and not just a link saying go here, bc i promise you 9/10 of the ppl who post that crap never even read what that link even pertains to, they just do a quick google search and a copy paste. thanks!