What is THE MOST useless gadget in your kitchen?

Mine would have to be my garlic press, or and my canisters. ( they are way to small to hold anything they say they are for)
yeah I don't have an egg separater, I can see how I would never even think to pull it out
Melon baller I use for cookie dough, they work great for keeping ginger snaps all the same size
I'm glad to know that Running Bear, I have been lusting for one since spring

I have two, an Ulu (ooloo) it's an Alaskan knife which was a must have souvenir, I have tried and tried to use it but just can't grasp the technique, the other is a tomato skin rose maker

my garlic peel remover. i don't know why i bought it. yeah it works, but i generally just crush the garlic with the flat of my chef's knife and that loosens the peel. i can't be bothered taking out the rubbery thing and cleaning it.

Melon scoop. Who cares if the fruit is in little round balls?

I couldn't live without my garlic press though!!!!! :)

I have to agree with everyone who said egg separator. The shells work just fine, and I don't have to wash them. :)

my husband

just kidding.he's pretty good in the kitchen. i'd have to say two things (that were given to me) - cookie press and a 'slap-chop' like gadget.

Mezzaluna. The herbs just stick to the blades, you have to scrape them out from between, and really, why is it an better than a knife? I sold it in a car boot sale. :)

Don't use my mandolin much, but when I do it's invaluable so I wouldn't get rid of it.

Make that 2 garlic presses.............

Remember, Libby, I remodeled my kitchec in April. I took EVERYTHING that I had NOT used for years and put it in a box, and put it on the front curb with a FREE sign on it.......It had about 3 things left in the box about an hour later............

I am a REAL fan of Alton Brown, the "multitasker" genius........One thing I could NOT live without, though, are my knives..........and NO ONE touches them.......And if ANYBODY gets near my Anolon pans with metal spatulas or spoons, they're dead meat............... ;))

Christopher K.

A lemon/lime slice press. It's a collectible though made in the shape of a bird. It sits on my kitchen shelf and is a conversation piece. =)

Yeah, I'd have to agree with MM. The egg separator.
Otherwise it's my special citrus cutter and peel remover (because I can't cut and peel an orange myself?) that I got from pampered chef because it was the cheapest thing in the catalog and I didn't want to look bad ;o)

They're all useful. It's whether or not they actually ever see any use. Just ask my crepe maker, food dehydrator, juicer, electric mixer, ice cream maker, snow cone maker, bread machine (which I've used a couple times), griddle, etc.

An electric individual mini pie maker that my husband just had to have. It came with little rings to cut the right size of crust and then the pies bake for 20 minutes. What it didn't come with was a taste for canned pie filling, so when hubby wants to use his gadget, I have to chop, peel and cook pie fillings for him.

I use all the weird stuff though...garlic press, herb mincer, egg slicer, citrus zester, pastry wheel, cookie scoops, mortar and pestle, baker's blade, etc...

Oh, the other useless gadget are spatulas that break off in the mixing bowl. I've killed four spatulas this year, one of them being the Kitchen Aid one specially shaped to fit the mixer bowl.

It's my flour duster. I have literally never used it nor do I intend to. I was a hand me down from a grandparent I think.

It's my flour duster. I have literally never used it nor do I intend to. I was a hand me down from a grandparent I think.

Back