I been studying both coverage maps and it seams that cricket appears much larger. What i'm confused about is if %100 of crickets coverage area is actually 3g. Do they use towers other than 3g towers? I asked the representative about this and all she said is that the light green area on their coverage map ( the part that is seen the least of) is the only place where wireless data isn't included.

I'm considering getting cricket instead of t-mobile, as the price is lower, and it looks like they have a much larger 3g network (as long as i there entire area is actually 3g). T-mobile lowered their price to 49 instead of 69. They have more coverage if you add the edge network, but i used edge before on a cellphone tehtered and i thought it sucked. This will be an additional question to answer if anyone can yet...

Will the edge network run any better on a connection card then it did on a tethered phone. Could i run a low quality voip on edge? lastly, how fast has t-mobile been upgrading their 3g network, and how long before tey might have nationwide coverage?
btw, I am a truck driver, and i realize verizon, att, and spint are the best nationwide choices, but i can't afford the deposit for any of these countries as im just getting back to work, and they always charge way to much for a deposit (other than sprint you can get for 150 if u flasify ur ss#, tho i owe them money). Does anyone know a way to get verizon or att with much smaller startup costs?