Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Honestly, I have a real issue on homework - Lincoln?

Newspaper Reviews on the Gettysburg Address

Patriot and Union Newspaper review:
    "We pass over the silly remarks of the President; ... the veil of oblivion shall be dropped over them and ... they shall no more be repeated or thought of."

Question:
    Was the Patriot and Union correct in its prediction about the Gettysburg Address? Why or why not? Go back and review the Gettysburg Address. What did Lincoln have to say about his words? Was he correct in his own prediction? Why or why?

This is what I THINK
    - MY ANS: - No, this prediction is not true, the Patriot and Union believed that speach was silly and will be forgotten. However, Lincoln believed words mean nothing and need to be done with actions because people will forget what we say but, not what we do. "The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here." No, he was also incorrect because it is a Historical Speech.

I WANT YOUR INPUT PLEASE !

Link to the Gettysburg Address: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1512410

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your answer is great. Just correct the spelling of speach - should be speech A period is needed after the word true; then start a new sentence.. The Patriot ... Also, use the word meant in place of mean. Put the comma after "say" not but. You do not need to capitalize the words historical and speech - they are the name of the speech just descriptive words

Hope this helps some. Good luck.