Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are Americans complaining about their health care?

People in my country have to save up thousands of pounds to go to the US for better treatment in the US such as this case.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2009/11/28/exclusive-parents-battle-to-raise-a-fortune-to-treat-cancer-stricken-son-in-us-86908-21856904/
    I'm not from the UK, because my nick name is Sparky? Yeah cause no one in the UK is called Mark, not one single person, well spotted goon.
    The baby still needs to go to the US, as do many children in the UK, I live here this is not an unsual story, for good treatment thousands of Britons go to the US.

http://www.sophie-appeal.org/
    Another baby that needs treatment in the US.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have to save thousands of dollars for what you get for free and don't even get the air plane ride.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because our health care system is broken. The people who fail to recognize that have obviously not ever been left hanging high and dry without a nice cushy sponsored health plan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what we Republicans are saying, but the Democrats are saying we need Change because our system apparently is horrible and kills 50 million people a year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    People here believe what ever Obama tells them. They don't bother to look at the facts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a load of nonsense to me, Sparky. Why aren't you petitioning the British government to privatize your health care system so you can shell out $500.00 a month like we do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because we have to save up hundreds of thousands of dollars to get any treatment at all.

Get it? That kid can get life saving treatment in his own country, but they want the cutting edge treatment that they have to pay for.
    Here, you ONLY have the stuff you have to pay for. You can't get the lifesaving treatment without paying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because our health care system is broken.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's about access. Many people cannot afford health care and so do not get it until it is an emergency. Right now we are choosing to get my daughters eye problem treated rather than treat my slipped disc in my back. However, if I had money I am certain I could get fabulous treatment and physical therapy for my back. As it is, though, I am going on a year of daily pain and restricted movements.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge amounts of money go into their health care system, like more than any other single sector of their economy besides housing. They pay more per person than any other nation for health care. Yet Americans continue to fall in the rankings with other countries when it comes to life expectancy and quality of life. Quite fast. From first to 49th in under 15 years.
    They would like to be more efficient.
    Then there is the huge gap between rich and poor in America in access to care. It seems a little unfair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast