do you believe in the 2012 prophecy?

D

Mar 14, 2008
i know that movie is out and all i haven seen it but anyways- this prophecy or belief has been around for a long time and its kinda got me freakin out a little bit.. im just wondering if it freaks anyone else out too?

It is not true. If you read the Bible in the book of Revelation you will find that out. Get yourself a study Bible and read the words at the bottom. I know that the world is not coming to an end in 2012. It is not possible. God says in Revelation that He will send Jesus with trumpets to take the people who believe in Jesus Christ (rapture). After the rapture, a person called the Anti Christ comes to power from no where, he is not a known person. This person will make explanations for why all these people have disapeared, most likely will be blamed on aliens. After this, he rules the world for a total of seven years, with world peace lasting for 3.5 years. After the first 3.5 years, he turns on everyone, and makes people take the mark of the beast, which is something that will be inserted in your forhead or hand. The governement will control everything, and people will be told that they must take this device or they will die. If you take the device, you are damned to hell and there is no turning back. So never take anything that the governent forces upon your body. During these 3.5 years there will be plagues of all kinds. Finally Jesus comes back to earth for the final battle between Him and the Aniti Christ, in which Jesus wins, and the earth opens up for the Aniti Christ to go straight into hell. The earth is then distroyed and made new again to become the new heaven for Jesus and his people.
I know that this all sounds crazy and its hard to believe, but I have studied the end of times, and I do believe that we are in the end of times, however the world can not begin to end until the Christians are gone. I am a Christian and I am still here. If you want to learn more, go to your local Christian book store and look for books that explain the end of times. Also if you have questions you can email me on yahoo answers. I am somewhat knowledgable but I know that the Bible has the answers, and sometimes the Bible is hard to comprehend, so that is why we look to Christian books about the end of times, and then reference back to the Bible to check it. Good luck in your research if you decide. I posted a link to the book called "Is the Antichrist alive today" by Mark Hitchcock. This is a great book if you are interested in learning more about the end of times. Also remember if you have Jesus in your heart, then you dont need to worry, because He will protect you.

No I don't and no I'm not. Not even a little bit. You shouldn't be either. It's a bunch of hype.

I've posted a link from NASA for your reading enjoyment.

there is no 2012 prophecy, that claim was invented by charlatans in the 70s to sell their books.

Yes completely, it is obviously true, just take a look at the facts and the movie.
How could they be wrong ?

We have already started building a new house on Cruithne, I just hope we can finish it in time, we still haven`t heard back yet from the roofing contractor. Why do some people have no sense of urgency in situations like this ?

Well me basically i don't believe in that prophecy. In the bible it quotes that the world cannot end without the "Anti-Christ coming ad taking power. And since he hasn't risen and took power of the world that prophecy is false. Then another fact that the world won't end in "2012" if you wasn't told. The Anti-Christ will have this plan called "The 7 years of Truibulation.

P.s if you want more information message me my email is: [email protected]

Read revelations and mathew chapter 24. And you will freak out even more friend. God bless ya.

2012 is not the end of the world.

The true future is found in the Book of Revelation in the Bible. Read there for the truth!

In the future, there will be a one-world government led by antichrist for seven years, after the Rapture. That will be a time of judgment on the earth, and antichrist will murder millions of people.

After that, Jesus will return to the earth and set up HIS Kingdom! :D

Right now, we are in chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation :)

Read Revelation. Here is a website that teaches the meaning of every verse of every Book in the Bible: http://www.soniclight.com/constable/notes.htm

Scroll down to the link for Revelation, and use it to explain any verses that you might not understand.

That is all in the future, but RIGHT NOW, YOU NEED SALVATION! Because any of us could die any time, and after death, it is too late to be saved. We'd be sent to eternal torment in hell.

The ONLY WAY to avoid being sent to hell, is by you believing in Jesus alone for salvation (John 3:16)

Jesus is God, and Jesus loves you so very much! :D

The truth about Jesus is that the only way to be saved and to get into heaven and avoid being sent to eternal hell, is by believing in Jesus for salvation, believing in faith alone that Jesus, who is God, died on the cross for all our sins as FULL PAYMENT for all our sins, and then Jesus rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). Believe in Jesus alone for salvation, and you will be in heaven, no matter what!

Salvation is a FREE GIFT that happens in a split second when you believe in Jesus alone to save you! It is impossible to lose or "leave" salvation (John 6:39-40, John 10:28, 1 John 5:13).

Please pray now: "Jesus, I believe that You died on the cross to pay for my sins and that You rose from the dead, and I thank You for eternal life!" You will be in heaven with Him forever when you die! :D

Sorta. It's a fact that after so many years the sun's magma or whatever lines up again (something along those lines) and there's a big solar flair. The next time that happens it scheduled for 2012. I do believe it will happen and there will be a TON of power outages but I don't think the world will end or anything like that. I think it's safe to say that we'll all be seeing the year 2013. (We better cuz' that's when i graduate :))

Only the Father in heaven knows for sure when the world will end. However, one can prepare for that day, whenever it will occur, by praying the rosary daily. See the following promises.

The rosary is explained here:
http://www.rosary-center.org/howto.htm

The fifteen promises of Mary to Christians who recite the rosary:
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against Hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

God bless!
Dave

Here's a prophecy for you - one I'll guarantee will come true.

On 22 Dec 2012 everyone will stop asking stupid questions about a 'prophecy' that doesn't actually exist. All who believed this nonsense will hang their heads in shame and many will pretend like they never really believed. Some of these idiots will say they got the date wrong and simply pick a new one. The rest of us will continue with our lives just as before, and probably finish the last of our christmas shopping.

I saw the movie, and what I was thinking is that just maybe people will realize that religion will not save people when what the Bible talks about starts. They will see all the religious celebrations will have no affect on what happens. People look for designer churches. One that fits there life style,
there habits. Things will be to late, everyone would have been given a chance. Only those doing Gods will wont have to worry. Matthew 7:22,23 They will then realize God don't like pagan worship of any kind.

I wondered would the movie cause some to dig deep into the Bible and the back ground of some of the things they have been taught.
Example Ezekiel 18:4
“Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul* that is sinning—it itself will die.”

Either the soul can die or it can't. So who do you believe the Bible or what some religions teach.
There is only one truth. I said to myself, most will see the movie and be to busy to look into what the Bible really teaches about what happens when all those prophecies start. As well as what the Bible says needs to be done now. Noah had to build a ark and go inside, Ever think about what we need to be doing now before it's to late. It's in the Bible.

As much of a hype that it really is, I don't believe that on December 21 2012 we will all die from a giant asteroid, or a huge tsunami, or even a super volcano. However, I do believe that we are currently in a time of change, and that 2012 may mark a time of "enlightenment" per say. We'll see!

Back