Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

If a group of girls laugh at another girl, and embarrass her, humilate her...

...perhaps in front of others for? This girl is super shy and the group of girls are very much not..Are they just trying to bring her down?

* 6 minutes ago
    * - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details
    how she wore her hair one day, why are they doing that usually? Is there truth in their jibes and insults? Or are they jealous? She wore her hair in pigtails for example..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes they are trying to bring her down. This can bring her in to depression and can do mental damage. That is not very good situation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Their just insecure pieces of craps who got nothing going for them so they make fun of an innocent girl who has a life and good things going for her

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, they are not trying to bring her down...they're trying to build themselves up. That's what bullies do...they make other people feel bad, because that's the only way they can feel better about themselves.

It has nothing to do with jealousy. Because this girl is shy, they know she won't fight back. Bullies pick on people they know are no match for them.

If you know this girl who is getting picked on, then I suggest you give her some advice. Kill them with kindness. When these girls make fun of her, she should smile and say something NICE about them. There is no way she will get them off her back if she stoops to her level. So when they say something mean, then she should say something nice to them...compliment something they're wearing, or congratulate them if they did well on a test. It's impossible for them to take a compliment about to themselves, then turn around and say something mean. She should in NO WAY try to be friends with these girls, but still try to be friendly.

I was painfully shy when I was in grade school. Kids picked on me all the time. I was fortunate enough to have 2 teachers in the 6th grade who really liked me and who I considered to be my friends. They really helped me build up my confidence, so by the time I got to middle school, I was able to make friends and even try out for plays.

You should tell this girl to join some school activities that interest her...art club, math club, choir, band...whatever. She will be able to meet people who are interested in the same things she is, so she will be able to make some friends more easily. When you have friends, it's easier to deal with the bullies, because you know there's someone who likes you that you can talk to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All this girl would have to do is point her finger at them and laugh right back shaking her head and if they ask what are you laughing at she can say the same things you are because people like this are only trying to draw the attention from themselves they are hoping no one see`s what they really feel about themselves and it is so much easier making fun with the crowd as long as the attention is not on them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jealousy can be cruel. Don't hang out with girls who are immature and have hangups. You really need to move on and find a group of girls that feel good about themselves and actually have fun - not by abusing others!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you the one doing this, or is it being done to you or a friend? Girls (and sadly, grown women) can be vicious. Just like every bully, they do this to make themselves feel superior to their target. They can tear another girl down so far that it will effect her for a long, long time. I am very sorry. There is a great book titled "Queen Bees and Wanna Bees" that covers this subject perfectly. I recommend it to our daughters school for summer reading. Another one is "Reviving Ophelia".

If you do this, please stop. If you know the target, help her, even though it is very hard to go against the pack, and you WILL be targeted, too. It is simply the right thing to do.

Junior Member fishcan'tseewater's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Insecurity

Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't know who the girl is, that got treated badly, if it's you or someone else, but i'm going to write this as though i'm talking directly to that girl:

people who are that rude and cruel should not be taken seriously. if you wouldn't go to them for advice about anything, don't let it concern you, what they think; their opinion of you doesn't matter.

and if they're that cruel, you wouldn't want them as your friends anyway. they're not nice people. so don't let it bother you that they're not your friends, because even if they were, they wouldn't care at all about YOU; they would always put their own interests first and care only about their own reputation or what you can do for them.

cruel people like that are making a statement about THEMSELVES rather than about the other person, when they act that way. there's an old saying to "consider the source" when someone insults you. people will act in line with who they are. jerks will act like jerks; jerks will talk like jerks. if they treat people cruelly, they are just revealing that they are jerks.

also, keep in mind that often the emotions behind behavior like this are: 1) insecurity (if they make others feel inferior, they feel a sense of power & superiority, so they tend to insult others alot so they will feel better about themselves); or 2) jealousy (you have something they want, and they hate you because you have it & they can't have it). people will say things that are NOT TRUE and that they DON'T MEAN when they are insecure or jealous...don't take too seriously what they say.

Downloads
    Uploads
    they probably jealous... unless they really hate her or something it happens to a lot of people like me sometimes because i like cosplay and anime..... but i dont give a crap what people think.. but if its happening do something.. it only takes one person to change a life!! chow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast