Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Marijuana Rant okay.?

You people need to realize that the reason marijuana is illegal is because of economics, its because there are thousands of things marijuana would fix that pharmaceutical drugs right now are prescribed for, and they would cost the pharmaceutical company's billions and billions of dollars every year. If marijuana was made legal it would cost alcohol company's. When you see those pot commercials, those are sponsored by partnership for a Drug Free America, parnership for a drug free america is funded by alcohol companys. I mean its hilarious! Alcohol is a drug! But its a drug that is sanctioned. Do you ever meet someone that says " oh, i dont do drugs," meanwhile there smoking and got a beer in there hand? What are you doing right now douche!? I mean just because it has a label and a bar code, you can scan it, doesnt mean its not a drug.

History lesson for the Uneducated about this topic:

In 1935 they came out with a machine called the decorticator, and what a decorticator is, it allows you to economically and effectively process hemp fiber, becuase before they used to use slavery, and when slavery was abolished in 1865 they had no means of effectively producing this pulp that would be economically effective. So more people were using cotton, but the Declaration of Independence was printed on hemp, the parachute the George Bush senior used to parachute in WWII, that was made out of hemp. Hemp had huge industrial uses, it was just very difficult to process, and so they came out with this machine called the decorticator that really allowed them to really effectively produce it, and then this magazine called Popular Science came out with this cover that said "Hemp the new billion dollar product," and everyone was going to start using hemp, for paper, for textiles. And William Randolph Hurst who owned all these news papers and on top of that owned all these paper mills. It was gonna cost him millions of dollars to convert over to hemp, so instead he started printing stories in his paper about some new drug called "Marijuana," and marijuana wasnt even a slang term for cannabis. Marijuana was used to describe some Mexican wild Tobacco, completely unrelated. So they called it Marijuana and this is how they made it illegal, they said people were smoking it and blacks and mexicans were raping white women. So congress outlawed this new drug, not even knowing they were outlawing hemp, they had no idea. Which has been in use for thousands and thousands of years. And so then they came out with all these videos or movies, like Reefer Madness and propaganda films, and it was all just to get people to think that there is something wrong with plant, it was totally economic.

No one has EVER died from pot in over 10,000 years of use. 400,000 people every year die, in this country alone, die from use of cigarettes. No one has ever died from pot, ever, but its still illegal. I mean your not gonna live forever, your gonna live and your gonna die and everybody is. Were temporary beings going through this life and, you know, who are you to tell other people what they can and cant do. And poeple you know say " oh pot makes you stupid, pot makes you a lazy." No! your a loser and your lazy. And if you smoke pot, your a pot smokin lazy loser. It doesnt mean pot makes you a loser, its you dude, blame it on yourself. Its like alcohol doesnt make you a drunk, you know i drink and then i stop drinkin and then i go get somethin to eat and i hangout and i wont drink for weeks, its crazy. You know its called moderation and you apply to every aspect of your life.
    You know if you want to get addicted, you can get addicted to gambling, you can get addicted to anything, scratch tickets, you know. Well people say you can abuse alcohol you can abuse pot. You can abuse Cheeseburgers to! You know? but i like cheeseburgers, it should be legal. All this stuff should be legal, were not children, were adults, but we got this one plant thats illegal and it grows everywhere.

everyday i am faced with another terrible fact about my government that makes me hate them more and more. when people, when are we gonna take this world back. why do we have to do what they recommend? i for one am tired of it. i'm sick of war, i want peace, i'm sick of hate, i want love, i'm sick of f***ing big brother already. get smart people, smoke a joint and take a look at what a beautiful world we live in, and what we have made of it.
    Josh Anderson A plant that grows on the Earth, which makes people happy and has the ability to heal human/animal illnesses, should not be illegal. How stupid do anti-pot people have to be? "Oh its a drug that gets people high, its bad, illegal!" If weed wasn't illegal before you were born, and still wasn't, you would be smoking it right now. The Government lied to you, get a clue. If you believe the drugs that our Government allows to be sold is SAFE, you are naive and gullible.

All drugs lead to other drugs. Why do they single marijuana out? I should think cigarettes lead to other drugs, even a cup of coffee might lead someone to want more of a kick, or alcohol... It's insane.... How Narrow minded could you guys be... must be looking through a toilet paper role.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right on, right one. But they will never stop us from smoking it and knowing the truth

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will eventually become legalized because our current system of drug enforcement doesn't work. If you don't believe me, just look at how the 18th amendment fared.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the most part its ok. However, if you are actually wanting to convince anyone, you need to take a less militant approach. You can still include ALL the same information, but state it in a way that doesnt feel confrontational. Also, you need to use correct punctuation. You talk about pot smokers being stereotyped as lazy. Your rant that has tons of grammatical errors does not do anything to counter that argument. Always remember your audience, and keep in mind their point of view of things. I dont care about your punctuation, but a conservative adult wont read more than two sentences of this because of the grammatical errors.

If you want to make it better....
    When you talk about pharmacutical companies, mention marinol, how often it is perscribed for a wide slew of symptoms, and that it costs 10-20 times what real marijuana costs.

Also, you say no one has ever died from marijuana. Thats indirectly inaccurate. No one has ever died from an overdose. But there have been people who have been in vehicular accidents, and people who have underlying medical conditions die after using marijuana. You make it sound like it is 100% safe. Its not. You will gain a lot of people if you can remain unbiased enough to see that there are some risks involved in marijuana. (shouldnt drive while using, people with a lowered or compromised immune system should not use marijuana without consulting their doctor, use can worsen many mental disorders and long term chronic abuse can cause depression).

Junior Member LifeisaBeautifulThing's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude that is toatally how I feel. I 100% agree with you. The only thing that sucks is that I smoked for 4yrs and now I had to quit cause im about to be in the Army, but when I retire im gonna be toking all the time. Live on Bro, Live on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because cheeseburgers make you FAT. You hang out with people who love cheeseburgers and all you're gonna do is EAT. While if you hang out with people who do weed, you're not gonna be just eating and and getting fat.

Marijuana may not be bad by itself, but it often leads to much more dangerous drugs (don't even deny that this doesn't happen).

Laws are here to protect the general welfare. Sure, there are people like you apparently who don't abuse weed, but there are a heck of a lot more people that do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are many reasons why marijuana is still illegal. Despite it's popularity, in general it is still unpopular among the general public. There are many outdated myths still being repeated as fact that don't exactly help people come to a rational conclusion. But the path to legalization is lit, and the movement is on its way my friend. There is no reason to be angry or upset, legalization is inevitable!

More and more south American countries are rejecting outdated ideologies regarding marijuana use, and legalization within this country is well on its way. As more and more people realize the various medical uses this drug has greatly contradicts the federal government's official stance that "marijuana has no medical value", then people will realize they have been lied to and will support rational marijuana reform laws.

California may put this issue up for a vote in the 2010 elections if they get enough signatures for the ballot initiative. See the source link for more information.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is all very true. NORML is working toward legalization, and for one reason or another it is still illegal. Anyone who can think for themselves can see that MJ has never caused major health or mental problems, and has the ability to even cure/treat many. One thing to accept that there are very strong reasons to keep it illegal, even though these reasons are not for our benefit. I believe that a better approach to legalization support would be to drop the case of proving it to be not harmful, and to expose the reasons and history of it being illegal focusing on the questionable if not corrupt political aspects surrounding it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When you smoke marijuana (not using a vaporiser) it is very bad for your lungs. one blunt is the equivalent of ten cigarettes. eating weed though (brownies) is awesome and perfectly safe. From experience though, and i know you've seen this too, it has destroyed some people's lives. they just dont do anything and their life goes to shit. it should be legal, but not to dumbass highschoolers who ruin their lives with it. Same as alcohol, which is worse in my opinion.