Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Random rant about being gay in school. Insight would be appreciated?

Ok...so I just wanna know how hard it is to get like a boyfriend or whatever in high school. I mean I know from personal experience that it's nearly impossible, but will it ever happen. I mean I'm a sophomore in high school and I just can't find any other gus to even formulate crushes on. I'm gay by the way, but anyway I think I am also kinda afraid to like anyone because every guy where I live is straight. There is this one feminine defiantly gay guy at my school, but I am defiantly not interested in him...I just don't really get into the femme's cuz I wanna feel protected.

But anyway I don't really completely know what I am asking, but do you think it's possible to b afraid to like anyone because the last guy you fell in love with was straight, and even though he flirts with you 24/7 nothing is gonna come from it...IDK basically, I feel like I don't wanna get hurt. I know I could probably get a bf, I think I'm fairly attractive, and girls ask me out all the time (I'm a guy btw). So yeah any insight on whatever I am talking about here? IDK do y'all get me?

I mean I haven't dated anyone since february (and it was a girl) ugh I know people have gotta think something's up with me and my friends always ask why I think like every girl is ugly. I just don't know...I guess basically advice on being gay or something like that would be cool...
    Lol choose to be straight...jezus I tried that sh*t for 3 years...dd't wrk out my narrow-minded friend. Did you choose to be straight?
    Thanks Lucien...

Lol another difference....I'm not very masculine. I'm definatly not feminene, but I'm not strong at all. I gots a deep voice and all. I'm like a skater punk dude..but I dont skate cuz I think its lame. Im real skinny (125), and im like 6"0.

But I mean I get asked out by girls like everyday...so I don't see why I don't get tat from guys lolz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just choose to be straight again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im gay and a sophomore to and i know how hard it is. I told my crush i liked him and i found out he was straight. But now i rely like this other boy and im just tryin to get to know him and stuffs. I go to an all boys school lol so idk if theres more gays but yeh. But just be patient, somtimes i worry im gunna be alone for all my life but then i talk to my crush and just think what it would be like with him. And I think femmes are better cause they kinda want to keep the relationship alive more. Im femme but no one really knows it cause i have to put on the whole straight act cause my parents positively h8 gays. But yeh i hopeee u find som1 and just b patient. <3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Info:
    16 years old,
    white male,
    bisexual,

I understand where you are coming from because I am a bisexual guy in high school (Not gay but we share some similarities). There are very few people in school who know about my bisexuality because:

1.) I feel that I don't have to tell them I'm bisexual, unless they are important to me.
    2.) I go to a really elite private school. You know how it goes it private schools----> every prep school in the city will know about it because kids who go to different prep schools just know each other( and I don't want everyone to know). Plus most of us are conservative protestants.

I get the part where you feel afraid because that happened to me once. I liked a guy, and he was really friendly to me, I thought he was gay/bisexual then made the mistake of telling him that I like him...and he said he is not gay/bisexual. He remained very nice to me though...he said "I'm not grossed out about it, no problem."

Same situation:
    - I think I am fairly attractive, I could probably get a girl or a guy if I wanted to. It's just the confidence that is lacking from me....
    - I don't like feminine gay guys.....
    - I get hit on by girls
    - I know no one gay in our school
    - I like masculine guys, and not shorter than my height which is 5'11
    - I am pretty masculine and attractive
    - This lab partner of mine expresses interest but he's very feminine.

How I am different:
    - I get hit on by OLDER OLDER OLD OLD gay guys every time.
    - I'm a junior.

But here's what I can give to you as an advice:
    1.) Do not date a girl if you are sure you are ONLY gay. It's not very healthy for you because in a way you are forcing yourself to act a certain way. GO GET A GUY! It's what you need. I only date girls because I am attracted just as well(AKA BISEXUALITY).

2.) Why limit yourself to guys in your school? It's wide open! You can see many gay guys your age anywhere.

3.) Make friends with guys who you find cute. Start with friendship. Don't talk to a guy just because you want to get physical with him. Get to know him first.
    Warning on 3: Don't be too friendly. You will hit a point where the other person will think that you are just a friendly straight guy. You know what I mean? Drop some hints once in a while.

4.) I guess when you have spotted a guy and you are certain that he is gay/bisexual, tell him something along the lines of:

- "Do you want to go and see this (insert sport event or concert of a band you both like) this (Insert time and date)?"
    - "Hey we could go to the (insert name of the fitness center here) and workout together!"( WARNING: THIS MIGHT END UP IN A REALLY STEAMY ENCOUNTER IN THE STEAM ROOM, LOL!!!

Lastly: Don't ask to go to a movie/mall/restaurant together because
    1.) What if he is straight? LOL
    2.) Even a gay/bi guy can be daunted by the idea of going out with another guy especially when he is closeted.

Save the movie/mall/restaurant/sleepovers/camping-together for later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    High school sucks wait till your in college its like GAYPALOOSA

Downloads
    Uploads
    i've been through this personally im a senior this year and yes it is tough but stay tough i never thought that i would find someone and my best friend (who freaked out when i came out to him) has since come out and we are dating and have been for a year albeit secretly so stay strong and i hope that helped

Downloads
    Uploads
    My best advice comes from personal experience. I would not suggest that you 'date' anyone who attends the same school for the same reason I discourage people from dating co-workers, though the high school referrence makes even more sense.

By nature, teen relationships don't last more than six months to a year, at the outside. You break up with someone you are also in school with, and you have to deal with the drama surrounding the former relationship until you graduate. Don't date fellow students unless you're addicted to personal drama.

I was openly gay as a high school student in the early seventies, and made it a point NEVER to go out with fellow students except in groups, and always during daylight hours. Being already scrutinized for my activist activities, I didn't need the added drama of what would have been a very public relationship, on campus. You don't need it, either. If you NEED to date anyone, date someone from another school.

In all actuality, you don't NEED to date anyone. There will be plenty of time for that after graduation. Any relationship you get into at your age will be transitory, at best, and this is not a good time in your life to be waltzing in and out of relationships.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No i'm a senior and have dated a lot of guys, your young so your going to be afraid of rejection but what is the worst that can happen if you ask someone out? other then them saying no