Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bird poop stuck near the vent?

I have a 9 week old parrotlet. She seems completely healthy. She's eating normally and has been running around her cage playing with her favorite toys, chirping and seeming altogether fine. I recently changed her diet and have been introducing fresh vegtables and fruits to her. Her seed has also changed. Since I woke up this morning, around 10, she's had a very small amount of dried poop stuck in her feathers. I've been watching her carefully and she's preened herself several times this morning but hasn't preened that area of her body. I also can't coax her into taking a bath. Her poops have all been normal and no more has gotten stuck to her. I really don't think she is sick. I think its more likely the new food she has been eating, Should I try and clean the area for her? How should I do it? The poop is hard and, from my experince cleaning perches, will be difficult to remove. I've had her for little over a week and we have built up to trust. I would hate to lose all that we've built. Should I wait for her to clean it out herself? Please let me know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this happened to me once. I put a towel over him and then picked him up. Took a piece of paper and pulled it out. be gentle though not everyones' budgie lets them do that. Try not to scare her too much.