Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

From a Christian point of view: Is skull propoganda evil??

Ok, so I'm 15, and a very strong Christian. First let me point out, I'm not a goody goody who has concealed himself from the world, I've been in the world, I hated it, and gave my life to Christ.

Up untill this point, I have pretty much kept myself away from skulls, tombstones, stuff like that, just because I feel like it has a negative... I dono... feel to it. I try not to surround myself with things that won't have a good impact of my spiritually. Obviously, many kids wear this stuff with the mindset that skulls represent death, and how life sucks, yada yada. But in retrospect, could skulls also represent how Christ concoured the grave? How through Christ, we have beaten death?

I'm extreemly symbolic. I just want some other Christian's oppinions on this. Mainly, because there's a deck of cards that have some skulls on it, and I really want it, but not if it's going to bring "bad ju-ju" with it. (I know ju-ju does'nt exsist, could think of any other way to put it).

So Christians, any thoughts? Bible verses would be extreemly appriciated as well.

Thanks guys, God bless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're wise to carefully consider this. I tend to agree with your first instincts. It is symbolic, but it already has a meaning and it isn't the one you want to give it. But I'm also a mom, so maybe one of the kids has a better answer. I wouldn't let my son have it, probably.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, I don't think propaganda is the word you're looking for.

Secondly, intent is what matters. Nothing can impact your spirituality unless you let it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can have things like that but out of your mouth is where you are judged so don;t put much hoky poky in that stuff