Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got the samsung intensity. doesnt work on mac?

Ive gotten the samsung intensity. I tried hooking it up via USB to my mac Osx. It reads on the phone but does not read on the mac. is there anything i can do to get it to work?

Unregistered

Doctor

I got one of those phones too and having trouble connecting to my mac too. It won't sync the contacts from Address Book to the phone. I called Verizon tech support and they didn't seem to even know that it didn't work. She said I should call the vendor of the software that I'm using on my computer! My old Razr sync'd with no problems. I shouldn't have upgraded. Stay away from this phone if you need to sync your address book. Can't sync via bluetooth either -- they see each other but won't pair.

Unregistered
    Gah. tell me about it. I have the exact same problem. you can't sync music either. My best suggestion is try installing a driver or something.

terese
    You can export your contacts from your computer as a .CSV file (I had to use Entourage CSV Exporter to convert my "Main Identity.rge" to "Contacts.csv" - then I simply logged into verizonwireless.com/backupassistant, uploaded the csv file, and then synced the contacts onto my phone.

Unregistered
    figured it out:
    Insert SD card---Attach USB cable to Mac and phone
    Menu---settings & tools---tools---usb mass storage Should say "connect to PC, call disabled
    in mac finder, open "untitled 1"
    Move songs from itunes into my_music folder

It's a little clunky, and locks up a bit during the process, but I was able to upload several songs to the phone.

Good luck!

Unregistered

THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    figured it out:
    Menu---settings & tools---tools---usb mass storage Should say "connect to PC, call disabled

It's a little clunky, and locks up a bit during the process, but I was able to upload several songs to the phone.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much! My daughter was so frustrated! You are awesome

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    figured it out:

Good luck!
    Viva the web and web blogs for info sharing. Thanks a bundle

Unregistered

Headphones Do I Need an SD Card?

I tried the suggestion by "Unregistered" that began with "Figured it out:", but after I connected my Intensity II to my Mac. Then, I selected "USB Mass Storage" on my phone, and a message popped up. It read, "No Memory Card Inserted". I would greatly appreciate any feedback.