Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can Sony Bravia play divx AVIs?

Can a Sony Bravia LCD flatscreen play my personal AVI divx movies? Can I just put them on a USB stick and plug them into the tv? Or can I somehow play them from my computer harddrive if the tv was internet video compatible? I was thinking of buying the KDL-W5100.

Unregistered

hey

I just bought the Bravia KDL52W5100 -- it plays mpg video off a USB stick, but does not recognize .avi videos like DivX or Xvid. I am thinking of getting a little netbook to connect for divx movies, since conversion of a full-length movie to mpg takes about 2 hours on my computer.

Unregistered
    How about the EX series?

Unregistered

bravia EX AVI support??

the Bravia EX series dose play some AVI files but not all codecs through USB.

All the previous models do not have support for DIVX.

On the EX if the file is a DVDrip it should definatly work,but i would try before buying

andysuth

DivX on Bravia KDL ex 503

Hi,

I'm thinking of Ripping somefamily DVDs to DivX, but I've had trouble getting the DivX to play them on my Sony Bravia (KDL32EX503).

Has anyone had success at ripping a family DVD to MPeg4 and playing it directly on a KDL EX503?

Which codec/rip program did you use?

I've had no success so far.

-AS

Unregistered
    i connect it wid my laptop and use my bravia as a pc monitor,,,,,it works gr8 and no more of conversion.......

tomsts vero
    If you use USB and divx, use Any Video Coverter (friiware) to transfer films.

Unregistered

Component

I have a Sony KDL32EX503. I have been trying, with no success, to convert avi files into a format to play through a USB flash drive. I use Any Video Converter. Can anyone tell me the specific settings that will work. Thanks

ASHRITH
    how toget divx software