Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

can a home theater system without hdmi input play sound from blue ray player

if i use hdmi to tv and audio? cables to home theater system or will it not get the audio because of the hdmi hook up to the tv

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends on how your system is set up. You should be able to use your TV's audio out connections. This way it's HDMI going in but RCA going out to your system. You can also hook up RCA cables from the blu-ray player to the system and still have HDMI hooked to the TV. I would recommend this way over the first idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To get sound from the home theater from your blu ray disc player you have to connect an optical cable from the player to the home theater. Hooking it up to the tv with HDMI only and using optical cable back to the home theater will only result in stereo sound (of course I have not done this, reason is the tv does not have the source for multi channel). Hope this will help you out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Connect HDMI from Blu-ray player and cable box to TV for video then optical cable or composite cables ( red & white ) from them to Home Theater System for audio.