How to repair Slide Show Gadget in Windows 7 Professional?

MichaelC

May 14, 2008
I cannot change any settings in my Slideshow gadget all the settings are blank i cannot see the transition, and i cannot set the folder path.

im currently using Windows 7 Professional

Please kindly follow this link below you will be able to change all your setting

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-repair-your-crashed-or-hanging-vista-sidebar/

I had an issue with the slideshow gadget not working. The images would not display when I added the gadget to the Desktop, and no matter what I did I could not set a folder.

Eventually I remembered that I had deleted the Images library that comes with Windows 7, and so I had Windows 7 recreate the default Images library. After that I removed the gadget and re-added it, and it worked.

Good luck.

I agree, Restore default lib

It's always amazing how much trouble we can get into we trying to custom configure our environments. I also deleted my default lib references. No pic in the Slideshow Win 7 Ult.
Upon reading the previous post, I was able to restore the SlideShow gadget to working order. Thanks for the post.

My problem started w/ updating the graphics adapter to an unsupported driver since the ati radeon mobility x1400 driver is depricated for win 7 or aleast non-supported by ATI.

After installing the RAR for 32 bit and my graphics working correctly, I associated the driver issue as causing the SlideShow issue. Not to be.

Again good post.
David - Green Bay

when I right click on desk top to get gadget , the seletion is disable.
I don't know why.

Back