Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need a list of all the sport bike between 250-500cc range?

no older than 1997.

Im figuring out what bike will be best for a inexp. rider Im 6'2" 220 lbs I will be riding on hwy alot and long distant sometime like 3-4 hours rides after I gain some exp first. I don't want anything I will get tired of quick.

Give me a list and your suggestions.... please thank you very much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sport bikes arent necessarily the best solutions for you. since you will travel long distances on them, it will start to be quite painful and uncomfortable. a better solution would be to use something like a naked. there are plenty out there. however ranges between 250-500cc are very rare unless you want a dirt bike. most bikes start off at 600cc and thats ok especially for your size. i personally like the Ducati Monster 696. cant get any better than that. the Suzuki Gladius 650 is also very nice. if you dont like naked, try to get some sort of mixed type of motorcycle. not a sport one. a naked will still give you the thrill but in a confier driving position

however if you do want to look into some nice sport one, check out Kawasaki Ninja. they have a 400cc version i think. and a 600cc of course. the Kawasaki er6-n is also nice. its somewhere in between a sport one and a naked

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.bikepics.com/
    Go to - Manufacturers

Downloads
    Uploads
    I applaud you for starting small. But there isn't much in that size range in the US. Japan has DOZENS of 400's, but that's because their tax system makes anything bigger REALLY expensive.
    250 will be to small for you, at least very soon.

A sport bike isn't suited to highway rides of 3-4 hrs. It'll kill your back.

I'd recommend a Ninja 500. It's called a ninja, but it's closer to a 'standard' bike.

For your second bike, I'd suggest a V-Strom 650. I know a few guys that enjoy putting LOTs of miles on theirs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kawasaki ER-6n. It's a 650cc but it's pretty tame and a good size for your build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you might think i'm crazy at first, but i think you should buy a dirt bike. KTM has a very nice 530 that is street legal, and very comfortable. plus, it's a full blown dirt bike, so you can go off trails and things if you want. it also has a 6th gear (rare for a dirt bike) so you can go on the highway no problem at all. also has tons of power for a guy your size. however, it can get just a little expensive. suzuki i think has a 450 that comes street legal and is just as comfortable. you can go on the highway with it, but you'll need a smaller rear sprocket. easy to change. i ride a '99 Yamaha WR400, made california street legal with a baja kit. i can't go on the highway with it, however, because i have it set up for slow torque to climb up mountains, but roads are just fine. they also have tons of 250s, yamaha has two very nice ones. the XT250 is a cross between a dirt bike and a street bike, making it very comfy on both street and dirt, and the WR400r is a full blown dirt bike, but is fuel injected and street legal, making for very nice altitude changes without adjusting, and easy cold starts. both have 6 gears and can easily go on the highway, as long as you don't long for power. however, for you i recommend nothing smaller than 400 or 450. if you were to go to a 250, the WR250r because of its fuel injection. personally i like sitting up on a dirt bike and seeing above everybody in the street. plus they are much better than a car or street bike if it rains, due to their knobby tires. you can also change the tires to little more street like if you never go on the dirt. you can also find tons used of street legal dirt bikes for cheap online. hey are usually modified and have more than enough power for you. trust me, it's definitely not as bad as people think. i can ride my dirt bike for hours without getting uncomfortable, and i have a rock hard seat. the factory street legal ones usually have very soft and comfortable seats. go to a dealer and just sit on one, see if you like it and if you think you can sit on it for a few hours. shop around for dirt bikes and street bikes, see if you like which one sits better and feels better for you. try to see if you can find test drve one.