Can an unlocked blackberry (GSM) work with telus?

Nope. TELUS is not a GSM carrier. They have CDMA (PCS), iden (MiKE), and the soon to be launched HSPA. None of these networks is compatible with a GSM device.

that fact actually is what is stopping me from switching from Rogers to Telus, otherwise i would be signing up right now. Getting tired of paying too much every month...

that fact actually is what is stopping me from switching from Rogers to Telus, otherwise i would be signing up right now. Getting tired of paying too much every month...

I think a lot of people feel that way. It is rumoured that the HSPA network is going to have a plethera of compatible devices.

It has now been confirmed that SOME unlocked GSM devices will work on the HSPA network. You will have to check with TELUS directly to find out if your device is compatible.

Yes an unlocked blackberry mobile work with Telus network but make sure that the mobile is unlocked properly .Check that it unlocked or not by the following way ,
Switch on your mobile phone with a sim card from a network other than the network you are currently with. If you are able to use the phone, you can be sure that your phone is not locked. If your phone displays an error message saying "Wrong sim" or "Incorrect sim" or "Emergency calls only", etc., then your phone is probably locked.Get the unlocking service from a good service provider like UnBBlock.com .

Back